- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage 1995 Chanel Fuchsia Boucle Wool Jacket
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Unworn Fall 1997 Chanel Purple Boucle Wool JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel purple boucle wool jacket from fall 1997 collection. - Featuring round shoulders and fully lined. - Three front buttons fastening and one "CC" logo button on...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Chanel Double Breasted Lavender Cotton JacketBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- 1996 Chanel Cruise Collection double breasted lavender cotton jacket. - Gold "CC" Hardware. - Size 42 (it has been altered, so it fits like 38). - Measurements: Shoulder to ...Category
1990s French Jackets
- 94 Chanel Green Boucle Wool Collarless Double Breasted JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel green boucle wool collarless double-breasted fastening jacket from fall 1994 collection. The shoulder colour is slightly different than the rest of the jacket. - F...Category
1990s French Jackets
- 97 Chanel Black Boucle Wool Double Breasted with Mother of Pearl Buttons JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel black boucle wool double breasted with mother of pearl buttons jacket from pre1997 collection. After 20 years, this jacket still look amazing and not outdated! The j...Category
1990s French Double-Breasted Jackets
- Chanel White and Pink Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel white and pink tweed jacket from 1997 pre-collection. - Featuring four front pockets, front, and cuff with pink gold-toned "CC" buttons closure. - SIze 42. - 4...Category
1990s French Jackets$5,550Free Shipping
- Vintage Spring 1998 Chanel Pink/White Tweed SuitBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel pink/white tweed suit from spring 1998. - Gold hardware “CC” buttons closure. - Four front pockets. - Boxy straight cut. - Silk “CC” lining with gold chain. ...Category
1990s French Skirt Suits
- Chanel Single-Breasted 1980's Navy BlazerBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZChanel collectors right this way! You will be pulling this out everyday as this is a staple that belongs in everyones closet! This is a single-breasted blazer with a single gold butt...Category
1980s Italian Blazers
- Chanel 2001 Magenta Purple Metallic Cropped Jacket w Asymmetrical ZipperBy Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Portland, ORThis incredible S/S 2001 vintage Chanel jacket is made from a woven magenta purple cotton blend fabric with a metallic sheen. The jacket and sleeves are slightly cropped and there is...Category
Early 2000s French Cropped Jackets
- CHANEL 16P Runway Denim Fantasy Tweed Blazer Gripoix Buttons 34 US 2By ChanelLocated in Sanford, FLCHANEL - Excellent - Fall 2016 Runway Denim Fantasy Tweed Blazer - Denim Multi - 34 US XS - Jacket Description Look 4 from the Fall 2016 Runway. Medium wash blue denim and multicol...Category
2010s Italian Blazers
- Chanel 2001 P Purple Tweed Knit JacketBy ChanelLocated in Carmel by the Sea, CAChanel 2001 P Tweed Jacket featured in a purple tweed fabric with chains and button fastenings. Jacket is labeled size 44, made in France. Measurements: Bust - 42'' Sleeves - 24'' S...Category
Early 2000s French Jackets
- Chanel Purple Cropped Jacket Blazer with CC logo 34By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful CHANEL jacket A true CHANEL signature item that will last you for many years Wonderful purple color- perfect with your favourite pair of jeans! Closes in front with an asy...Category
Early 2000s French Jackets$699 Sale Price65% Off
- Rare Chanel Lesage Fitted Purple Tweed Chain Trimmed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHA truly special piece! Chanel signature jacket Designed by Karl Lagerfeld Beautiful purple tweed fabric by Maison Lesage Chain trimming details Two front pockets Fitted style CC logo...Category
1990s French Jackets