- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel 2017 Runway Embellished Set
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Scottsdale, AZ
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Jean Paul Gaultier Silk/Linen Trouser Matching SetBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Scottsdale, AZGaultier lovers, this is just for you! This is a super rare matching set from the 1990's. Doesn't it feel good to have something no one else has? The top features a silk and linen ma...Category
Late 20th Century French Pants
- Chanel Stretch Capri JumpsuitBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZGet your hands on an iconic Chanel jumpsuit. These garments are extremely hard to get your hands on, so act fast! This jumpsuit will bring you back to the 90's with the capri silhoue...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jumpsuits
- Chanel Black Cami Crop-TopBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZGet your hands on the most iconic elevated basic done by Chanel for the 2007 Autumn Collection. Chanel is an expert at the simply beautiful. This is an adorable and feminine black cr...Category
Early 2000s Italian Camisoles
- Chanel Resort 2016 Pink White Tweed Tank TopBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZWhat's better than a luxe summertime tweed? Chanel took their popular and iconic tweed and made it into a spring/summer silhouette. This is look 32 from Chanel's Resort Line for 2016...Category
2010s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Chanel 2004 Pastel CC Logo Embroidered CamisoleBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZThe most adorable and dainty top from the great house of Chanel. This was expertly designed with great care by Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel 2004 spring collection. The details of this t...Category
Early 2000s French Camisoles
- Chanel Printed Playing Cards 1980's T-ShirtBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZUpgrade your basic t-shirt today! This fully printed Chanel t-shirt belongs in your closet! The bright colours and crazy print will bring you back to the 80's in the best way. This p...Category
1980s Italian T-Shirts
- Chanel 2017 Runway Embellished Black/Gold JacketBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZA jacket straight off the Runway as this is a rare and coveted find! This jacket is simply immaculate! Not only is this beautifully embellished, printed, and embroidered, but has a g...Category
2010s French Coats and Outerwear
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld Haute Couture mauve embroidered lace pant suit, fw 2002By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel Haute Couture mauve lace evening pant suit ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Embroidery by Lesage in a plethora of beads, sequins and crystals ▪ Sequin tassel trim ▪ Built-i...Category
Early 2000s French Trouser Pant Suits
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld straw crochet and ribbon one-shoulder dress, ss 2011By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel straw crochet and ribbon dress ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ One-shoulder ▪ Metallic crochet woven with ribbons ▪ Ankle-length skirt ▪ Chiffon lining ▪ Gold-tone Chane...Category
2010s French Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld ivory silk embellished evening pant suit, ss 1996By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel ivory silk evening pantsuit ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Short sleeve jacket with front zip fastening ▪ Embellished trim with yellow and pink sequined florals ▪ Matching s...Category
1990s French Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld brown wool and gold silk lurex 3-piece suit, fw 1996By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel 3-piece pantsuit ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Evening coat in brown and cream wool ▪ Gold silk lurex collar and turn-up cuffs ▪ Gold and glass stone buttons by Gripoix ...Category
1990s French Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Vintage Missoni Black & Metallic Zigzag Top & Pants Set, Size MediumBy MissoniLocated in Beverly Hills, CAElectrifying colors and iconic zigzag pattern is what everyone loves about this brand. Heavy, flowing fabric is another reason to be found of this garment. This Missoni knit set is...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Wide Leg Pants$1,200 Sale Price20% Off
- Valentino pyjama style black nude floral print blouse wide dress pants jumpsuitBy ValentinoLocated in Paris, FRA beautiful two piece set by Valentino consisting of a button up blouse and wide leg turned up pants Loose fitting pyjama style Black and nude floral print with white piping Two poc...Category
2010s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Gianni Versace Couture suit shirt and pants vintage 90sBy Gianni Versace CoutureLocated in Rubiera, REGianni Versace Couture vintage 90s Shirt and pants suit Silk shirt "Atelier Versace" , long sleeves, medusa buttons on neck and cuffs. Size IT 42 Made in Italy 100% silk Flat measur...Category
1990s Italian Shirts
- 1990S AF VANDEVORST Black & White Cotton Net Sexy Sheer Top Pants EnsembleLocated in New York, NY1990S AF VANDEVORST Black & White Cotton Net Sexy Sheer Top Pants EnsembleCategory
1990s Belgian Tank Tops
- 1980S ISSEY MIYAKE Tan & Brown Wool Blend Oversized Shirt Pleated Pants EnsembleBy Issey MiyakeLocated in New York, NY1980S ISSEY MIYAKE Tan & Brown Wool Blend Oversized Shirt Pleated Pants EnsembleCategory
- Chanel Paris Grey Denim Skinny Jeans Pants Size 40By ChanelLocated in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: Size FR 40. Featuring grey wash with dual front and rear pockets detail, skinny to straight fit. Made in France.Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jeans
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery