- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
CHANEL A/W 2000 Identification Green Quilted Pocket Detail Drawstring Cargo Pant
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Thiensville, WI
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
More than a mere tastemaker, Karl Lagerfeld devoted himself to the continual pursuit of chic. “My life and my job,” the designer once said, “is to forget myself.” During his five-decade career designing shoes, handbags, evening dresses and other items for Chanel, Fendi, Chloé and many others, Lagerfeld was a quintessential chameleon, ever evolving to embody the times.
An outsize, instantly recognizable personality — his ponytail powdered like an 18th-century viscount, his eyes perpetually shielded by dark glasses, wearing fistfuls of chunky silver jewels — Lagerfeld was, above all, an avatar of style.
Born in Hamburg (in 1933, ’35, or ’38 by varying accounts), Karl Lagerfeld packed his bags for Paris in 1954. His design for a coat won him the International Wool Secretariat and landed him a job with the celebrated couturier Pierre Balmain. He went on to become the designer of Jean Patou, eventually realizing that his seemingly endless ideas could fuel a career as a designer-for-hire. As such, Lagerfeld lent his vision to everyone from Loewe and Max Mara to Krizia and Charles Jourdan, nimbly moving among a diverse range of styles. It was an unprecedented way of working in the days when freelance was still a dirty word. During the late ’60s and ’70s, he refashioned Chloé to reflect the free spirit of the day and, beginning in 1965, joined forces with the Fendi family, taking it from sleepy furrier to fashion’s haute-est stratum.
Because of his track record for reviving and reimagining brands that had grown stagnant, in 1984 Lagerfeld was handed the reins at Chanel, which had been gathering dust since its founder’s heyday. From his first collection, Lagerfeld injected the venerable house with a frisson of modernity. He riffed on its iconography — tweed skirt suits, pearls, camellias — accenting a lexicon of Chanel-isms with tastes of the moment. Despite producing eight collections a year for Chanel, as well as four to five for Fendi, Lagerfeld never faltered in proposing new ideas each time he put pencil to paper.
Lagerfeld’s collections for Chanel, in particular, displayed his knack for synthesizing old and new, high and low. From Watteau (Spring/Summer 1985 couture) and Serge Roche (Spring/Summer 1990 ready-to-wear) to hip-hop fly girls (Fall/Winter 1991 ready-to-wear), surfers (Spring/Summer 2003 ready-to-wear) and ancient Egypt (Pre-Fall 2019), Lagerfeld used each season’s inspiration to conceive Chanel’s signatures anew.
Browse a collection of sophisticated designs by Karl Lagerfeld on 1stDibs, including evening gowns for Chanel, vintage cocktail dresses for Chloé and more.
- CHANEL S/S 2004 Black Cotton Gaberdine Straight Leg Raw Edge Fringe Capri PantsBy Chanel, Karl LagerfeldLocated in Thiensville, WIChanel S/S 2004 black cotton stretch gaberdine capri / ankle length pants. Straight cut. Center front zip fly with silver and black "CC" button closure. Two front hip pockets. Pin-tu...Category
Early 2000s Pants
- CHANEL S/S 2003 Classic Black Wool Slim Cut Cropped Pants TrousersBy Chanel, Karl LagerfeldLocated in Thiensville, WIChanel Spring/Summer 2003 classic black wool slim cut cropped pants / trousers. Designed by Karl Lagerfeld. Thin banded waist. Center front zip fly with two hook and bar closures at ...Category
Early 2000s Pants
- CHANEL c.2012 Navy & Beige Alpaca Wool Shimmering Ombré Turtleneck SweaterBy Chanel, Karl LagerfeldLocated in Thiensville, WICHANEL c.2012 Navy & Beige Alpaca Wool Shimmering Ombré Turtleneck Sweater Brand / Manufacturer: Chanel Collection: c.2012 Designer: Karl Lagerfeld Style: Turtleneck sweater Color...Category
- CHANEL Pre Fall 2008 Black Cashmere Knit Mock Neck Dress Silk Raw Edge Trim 34By Chanel, Karl LagerfeldLocated in Thiensville, WIChanel Pre-Fall 2008 black cashmere knit dress. Ribbed mock neck, wide waistline and hemline details. Trimmed with raw edge black chiffon. Zips up center back. Small Chanel signature...Category
Early 2000s Evening Dresses
- CHANEL PARIS-BYZANCE 11A Black Wool Short Sleeve Gripoix Button Dress Sz 36By Chanel, Karl LagerfeldLocated in Thiensville, WICHANEL black wool short sleeve dress. Draped open panels at front center and back. Front of dress is embellished with six gold-tone metal Byzatine-inspired Gripoix details. Black sil...Category
2010s Informal Dresses
- CHANEL A/W 2006 Black Floral Lace Box Pleated SkirtBy Chanel, Karl LagerfeldLocated in Thiensville, WIChanel A/W 2006 black floral lace overlay box pleated skirt. Black "CC" logo metal tag at left top of waistband. Center back invisible zipper with hook and eye closure at top. Fully ...Category
Early 2000s Pleated Skirts
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Jeans
21st Century and Contemporary Flat Front Pants
Early 2000s Flat Front Pants
1990s Wide Leg Pants
21st Century and Contemporary Pants
21st Century and Contemporary Jeans
Early 2000s Jumpsuits
Recently ViewedView More
Remembering Fashion Designer, Collector and Supreme Tastemaker Karl Lagerfeld
The creative force behind brands like Chanel, Fendi and Chloé was as exacting in his interiors as he was in his clothing designs.
Chanel’s Boy Brick Lego Bag Transforms a Barcode into Art
In the hands of Karl Lagerfeld, even running errands became a chic exercise.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery