- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Comme Des Garcons S/S2005 Short/Trouser Hybrid Pants
About the Item
- Dimensions:Waist: 15.36 in (39 cm)Inseam: 25.2 in (64 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Tương Mai Ward, VN
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU2651218091002
Comme des Garçons
Comme des Garçons is one of the world’s most innovative and trailblazing fashion brands, helmed by its inimitable founder, Japanese designer Rei Kawakubo (b. 1942), who has a penchant for breaking fashion and cultural norms. The only living designer apart from Yves Saint Laurent to have a retrospective at the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute, Kawakubo has permanently changed fashion with designs that challenge traditional ideas of beauty with a creative and transgressive exuberance.
After studying art and literature at Keio University in Tokyo, Kawakubo worked as a freelance stylist before establishing her own label in 1973, opening her first store in Tokyo in 1975. Kawakubo has since been instrumental in pioneering many concepts now familiar in contemporary fashion. One of her most iconic moves was her introduction of androgynous styles (Comme des Garçons means “like the boys” in French) with asymmetrical, twisted silhouettes that envelope the body. While she told the New York Times that the “basics of clothing lie in men’s fashion,” Kawakubo believes in the concept of humanness in clothes, such as titling her spring 1995 show “Transcending Gender.” In the 1970s, when color-blocking was the norm, Kawakubo stuck to her monochromatic color palette dominated by shades of black with uncompromising dedication, although with evocative and powerful use of red and white.
Comme des Garçons is also known for an often shocking take on fashion. Deconstructed tailoring, violently slashed fabric and sculptural shapes are some themes that run through the brand’s collections, but Kawakubo never explains the meaning of her conceptual pieces, which fall somewhere between art and fashion. Even though the brand has more commercial offshoots like PLAY, known by the iconic heart motif with eyes, the premier men’s line Homme Plus and the multilabel Dover Street Market that opened in 2004, the essence of Comme des Garçons remains Kawakubo’s otherworldly and undefinable creations, which are impossible to ignore.
Find vintage Comme des Garçons shirts, jackets, day dresses and other clothing on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Ha Noi, Vietnam
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Comme Des Garcons PVC Hybrid Shirt, Autumn Winter 1991 "Chic Punk"By Rei Kawabuko, Comme des GarçonsLocated in Tương Mai Ward, Hoang Mai DistrictFrom the highly coveted collection, entitled “Chic Punk” The shirt is made for a slight oversized fit for women, fits tts men Size on tag: L, fits like M. Condition: 8/10. No sign...Category
1990s Japanese Blousons
- Comme Des Garcons HOMME S/S2012 All-over Text T-ShirtBy Rei Kawabuko, Comme des GarçonsLocated in Tương Mai Ward, Hoang Mai DistrictSilhouette: Fitted t-shirt with flamboyant print. Fabric: Light cotton Lining: None Season: Spring Summer 2012 Pocket: None. Weight: 160g Color: multicolour Defects: stain (pl...Category
2010s Japanese T-Shirts
- Vintage 1980's Commme Des Garcons Reversible Block Fur VestBy Rei Kawabuko, Comme des GarçonsLocated in Tương Mai Ward, Hoang Mai DistrictMedium-length fur vest with reversible feature, one side is fur embroidered, the other side is cotton based, with bi-color duo of red and orange. Size: Not listed, feels like M Con...Category
1980s French Vests
- Comme Des Garcons "Chic Punk" Doll Coat, Autumn Winter 1991By Rei Kawabuko, Comme des GarçonsLocated in Tương Mai Ward, Hoang Mai DistrictMuseum level piece from the iconic A/W1991 runway, Comme Des Garcons by Rei Kawakubo. Retail for 190000 JPY the piece is perfect for both those who looking for a winter coat or tho...Category
1990s Japanese Dolman Sleeve Coats
- Comme Des Garcons Homme Plus Sheer Metal Riders Jacket, Spring Summer 2021By Rei Kawabuko, Comme des GarçonsLocated in Tương Mai Ward, Hoang Mai DistrictEntitled "Metal Outlaw", Comme Des Garcons Homme Plus S/S2021 collection revolves around the irresistible sheen of metallic objects glistening under the sun, playful with silhouettes...Category
2010s Japanese Jackets
- Vintage Comme Des Garcons S/S2000 "Motorbike" T-ShirtBy Rei Kawabuko, Comme des GarçonsLocated in Tương Mai Ward, Hoang Mai DistrictVintage Comme Des Garcons mainline T-shirt Silhouette: Body tight, skinny - slim fit. Function as a layer piece Fabric: Light cotton Li...Category
Early 2000s Japanese T-Shirts
- Comme des Garcons Pleated Skirt Pants Black Wool AD 1998By Rei Kawabuko, Comme des GarçonsLocated in Berlin, DEComme des Garcons robe de chambre line trouser with adjustable strap wrap skirt AD 1998. Measurements : Waist : circa 70 cm Side ...Category
1990s Japanese Pants
- Comme Des Garçons Fw/2001 Runway Mesh Panneled Pants TrousersBy Rei Kawabuko, Comme des GarçonsLocated in Sheffield, GBCOMME DES GARÇONS FW/2001 MESH PANNELED TROUSERS FW/2001 (Look #1) COMME des GARÇONS FALL/WINTER 2001 COMME des GARÇONS black textured mid-rise trousers with velvet & floral mesh i...Category
Early 2000s Japanese Pants
- 2006 Comme des Garcons British Flag tankBy Rei Kawabuko, Comme des GarçonsLocated in Austin, TX2006 SS Comme des Garcons British Flag tank Condition: Very good 29" bust, 20" waist, 26.5" length 100% wool Size SCategory
Early 2000s Japanese Shirts
- Comme des Garcons brown knot cropped top.By Rei Kawabuko, Comme des GarçonsLocated in Austin, TXComme des Garcons brown knot cropped top. Condition: Very good 34" bust, 36" waist, 17" length Size S 85% cotton/ 15% woolCategory
Early 2000s Japanese Shirts
- 2000 Comme des Garcons Slash DressBy Rei Kawabuko, Comme des GarçonsLocated in Austin, TX2000 Comme des Garcons Red Slash Dress from SS 2000 34" bust, 32" waist, 40" hips, 53.75" lenght Size S 50% polyester, 50% cotton Condition: Some spots, see photosCategory
Early 2000s Japanese Day Dresses
- 2008 Comme des Garcons Heart Ruffle CoatBy Rei Kawabuko, Comme des GarçonsLocated in Austin, TX2008 Comme des Garcons Black Heart Cut Out Ruffle coat. #4 from Fall 2008 Collection. 66" bust, 64" waist, 25" sleeve, 19" shoulder, 37" length 100% w...Category
Early 2000s Japanese Jackets
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery