- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Chanel Black Linen Pants
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Manufacturer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Chanel Black Wool Carrot Belted PantsBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage black wool carrot pants from year 1998 Pre collection. Featuring a zipper and snap button with a wool "Chanel" belt closure. - Made in France. - Size 40. - 1...Category
- Chanel Black Jersey with Black Leather Gold Chain PantsBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel black jersey fabric with black leather gold chain pants from 1997 Pre Collection. Featuring a side zipper closure. The pants is scratchy and straight legs cutting. ...Category
- Chanel Navy Gold "CC" Buttons Wool Wild Legs PantsBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel navy wool wild legs pants from 1995 cruise collection. Featuring two gold "CC" buttons front pockets and two gold "CC" buttons back pockets. - Made in France. - Size 40...Category
1990s Wide Leg Pants
- Fall 2005 Chanel Black with Silver Stripe Jeans with Silk Tied BowsBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel black jeans with silk tied bows from 2005 A/W collection. - Silver stripe pattern. - Silk Trim with "CC" snap button closure. - Zip fly closure. - Four front and bac...Category
Early 2000s Jeans
- Vintage Fall 1998 Chanel Black Velvet PantsBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel black velvet pants from 1998 A/W collection. - Wild legs cutting. - Black velvet "CC" button closure. - Zip fly closure. - Two side pockets. - Size 42. -...Category
- Chanel Black Linen High Waist Chain Wild Legs PantsBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel black linen waist silver hardware chain pants from 1998 pre-collection. Featuring a silver hardware chain with two "CC" at the ends on the waistline and a silver hoo...Category
You May Also Like
1990s Bermuda Shorts
Early 2000s Jumpsuits
Early 2000s Pants
Early 2000s Jumpsuits
21st Century and Contemporary Jeans
21st Century and Contemporary Pants
Early 2000s Cargo Pants
Early 2000s Pants
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery