- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel 2004 Pastel CC Logo Embroidered Camisole
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Scottsdale, AZ
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Roberto Cavalli Leopard Corset circa 1990sBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Scottsdale, AZBring out your edgy side with this Just Cavalli multicolor mixed animal print bustier top. This top's fit is almost completely customizable as it features a lace up back, adjustable ...Category
1990s Italian Tank Tops
- Gianfranco Ferre 1990s Embellished BodysuitBy Gianfranco FerréLocated in Scottsdale, AZAdd this bodysuit to your collection! Circa 1990s, this black bodysuit features an overlapping G and F logo in black beads and rhinestones, thick spaghetti straps and mesh bottoms wi...Category
1990s Italian Bodysuits
- Chanel Printed Playing Cards 1980's T-ShirtBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZUpgrade your basic t-shirt today! This fully printed Chanel t-shirt belongs in your closet! The bright colours and crazy print will bring you back to the 80's in the best way. This p...Category
1980s Italian T-Shirts
- Chanel Resort 2016 Pink White Tweed Tank TopBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZWhat's better than a luxe summertime tweed? Chanel took their popular and iconic tweed and made it into a spring/summer silhouette. This is look 32 from Chanel's Resort Line for 2016...Category
2010s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Chanel 2017 Runway Embellished SetBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis set is a stunner! Not only is this beautifully embellished but has a great stretch making it a super easy runway piece to fit into your wardrobe. This pants and long-sleeve top ...Category
2010s French Pants
- Chanel Black Cami Crop-TopBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZGet your hands on the most iconic elevated basic done by Chanel for the 2007 Autumn Collection. Chanel is an expert at the simply beautiful. This is an adorable and feminine black cr...Category
Early 2000s Italian Camisoles
- Sex and The City 2, Iconic John Galliano for Christian Dior Newsprint DressBy Christian Dior, John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in New York, NYBeing offered is the iconic John Galliano for Christian Dior Autumn/Winter 2000-2001 Newsprint Dress worn by Sarah Jessica Parker and lent by Vintage Luxury N.Y. for Sex and the Cit...Category
Early 2000s French Cocktail Dresses
- Atelier Versace Haute Couture c.1999 Crystal Embellished Cutout Train Dress GownBy Atelier VersaceLocated in Fort Myers, FLAtelier Versace Haute Couture c.1999 Swarovski Crystal Embellished Cutout Open Back Long Train Black Evening Dress Gown Size IT 42Category
1990s Evening Dresses and Gowns
- John Galliano yellow silk chiffon bias-cut slip-dress, ss 1993By John GallianoLocated in London, GBJohn Galliano yellow silk chiffon bias-cut slip-dress with plunging back, spaghetti straps and pointed trained hem. 'Filibustiers' collection, Spring-Summer 1993Category
1990s French Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Vivienne Westwood black knitted sweater top, skirt and socks set, fw 1994By Vivienne WestwoodLocated in London, GB▪ Vivienne Westwood black crochet-knit 3-piece set ▪ Short-sleeved wool sweater top ▪ High-slit cotton skirt with draw string fastening and ruffled hemline ▪ Matching open-knit kne...Category
1990s Italian Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Christian Dior by John Galliano purple glass bead choker necklace, ss 1998By John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in London, GB▪ Christian Dior purple glass bead choker necklace ▪ Designed by John Galliano ▪ 18-strands of purple glass beads with 3 looped strands ▪ Large glass stone hangs at the centre ▪ ...Category
1990s French Neckties
- Vicky Tiel Couture Silk Ruched Corset TopBy Vicky TielLocated in Water Mill, NYA beautiful off white silk corset top from Vicky Tiel. It is worn off the shoulders with elbow length sleeves, a sweetheart cut neckline and ruching throughout in angles. The front...Category
1990s French Blouses and Tops
- Vivienne Westwood grey corset with Thomas Gainsborough dog print, fw 1992By Vivienne WestwoodLocated in London, GB▪ Rare Vivienne Westwood grey corset top ▪ Dog print from a detail of Thomas Gainsborough's - Tristam and Fox c. 1775–85 ▪ Red bow applique ▪ Centre-back zipper ▪ UK 14 ▪ Fall-Wint...Category
1990s British Corsets
- A.L.C. White One Piece Top Bodysuit, Size LargeBy A.L.C.Located in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: The bodysuit features deep v-neckline, sleeveless with thong bottom.Category
2010s Bodysuits$360 Sale Price20% Off
- 1990s Emilio Pucci New Light Blue + Brown + Maroon Signature Mosaic Silk Bra TopBy Emilio PucciLocated in San Diego, CASexy brand new 90s vintage EMILIO PUCCI silk bra crop top! Features the signature Pucci kaleidoscope print, with Pucci signature scribbled throughout. Straps are adjustable, and can ...Category
1990s Italian Bras
- Prada by Miuccia Prada grey and green crocheted wool bra top, fw 2017By Prada, Miuccia PradaLocated in London, GB▪ Prada knitted bra top ▪ Designed by Miuccia Prada ▪ Crocheted grey, green and black pure new wool ▪ Bow detail at the centre-front ▪ Snap-button closures at the centre-back ▪ IT ...Category
2010s Italian Bras
- S/S 1995 Dolce & Gabbana White Logo Print Stretch V-Neck Brief SetBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a rare lounge/lingerie set designed by Dolce & Gabbana for their Spring/Summer 1995 collection. This iconic logo print debuted on the season's runway and appear...Category
1990s Italian Loungewear
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery