Prada Black Silk Chiffon Blouse
View Similar Items
Prada Black Silk Chiffon Blouse
- Dimensions:Marked Size: 42 (EU)
- Place of Origin:
- Material Notes:Silk Placket front Buttons Snaps Raglan sleeves Pleated torso Narrow banded waist Peplum hem Lined torso Unlined sleeves
- Seller Location:West Palm Beach, FL
- Reference Number:Seller: jas1041stDibs: LU28410198142
About the Manufacturer
The House of Savoy coat of arms and knotted rope on Prada’s seal herald that the iconic Italian luxury fashion house was named Official Supplier to the Italian Royal Household in 1919. Started in 1913 by Mario Prada, the brand’s original shop in Milan’s Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II still has the mahogany shelves that displayed its early wares such as travel items and handbags. Today, these fine leather goods are joined by the clothing, wallets and other various accessories that keep the brand on the cutting edge of fashion.
When Mario Prada’s granddaughter, Miuccia Prada (b. 1949), inherited the business from her mother in the late 1970s, Prada was recognized for its quality craftsmanship, yet it was still a modest-sized company. Miuccia, an enthusiast of unconventional Italian filmmakers who’d earned a Ph.D. in political science, introduced the concept of using pocone — a military-grade water-resistant nylon that feels like silk.
Nylon revolutionized the fashion house’s business, with the first Prada nylon backpack released to universal acclaim in 1984. Soon the durable, water-resistant material was incorporated into Prada’s ready-to-wear collections for both men and women. No one had previously considered nylon a part of luxury fashion, and it wasn’t long before the family-owned company best known for its luggage was leading modern style that emphasized function as much as form.
Characterized by clean lines and a refined elegance that signaled the new direction of the legacy brand, Miuccia Prada debuted her first ready-to-wear collection for women in Fall/Winter 1988. More inventive fashion would follow in the ensuing years, such as the 1993 launch of the more affordable, more playful Miu Miu line, which was aimed at a younger audience, and the introduction of Prada Sport in 1997 — a collection now widely seen as prescient for its embrace of athleisure.
Prada has regularly gone against the grain to elevate styles that have long been out of fashion. In 1996, there were dresses and skirts in clashing patterns and muted earth tones that seemed flat and outdated, all worn with chunky high wedge sandals. Fanny packs followed three years later, and elaborate lace in 2008. Each season continues to bring new eye-catching innovations for the historic brand, including enhanced attention to sustainability with Prada Re-Nylon, a new line of bags created from recycled ocean plastic.
Today, find a wide variety of vintage Prada evening dresses, bags and other items on 1stDibs.
- Dennis Basso Striped Dyed Mink & Silk Twill TopBy Dennis BassoLocated in West Palm Beach, FLDennis Basso striped dyed mink & silk twill top. The front of this gorgeous top is made of mink fur dyed in shades of purple, pink-taupe and grey brown set in a horizontal pattern, t...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Blouses and Tops$595 Sale Price30% Off
- Chloe' Gold & Blue Rhinestone Jewel Neckline BlouseBy ChloéLocated in West Palm Beach, FLChloe' gold and blue rhinestone jewel neckline blouse. Abstract print on a cream ground in blue and gold, the round neckline has a circular band of crys...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Blouses and Tops
- Valentino Beaded Knit Plunge V Neckline TopBy ValentinoLocated in West Palm Beach, FLValentino beaded knit, plunge V neckline top in brown. White & crystal beads and sequins trim the neckline and cuffs. Pull on top has 3/4 length sleeves an...Category
1990s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Chanel Black Linen Drawn Work Blouse Clover ButtonsBy Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in West Palm Beach, FLChanel Black Linen Drawn Work Blouse. Long sleeve button front blouse with three rows of drawn work at each side front. Sleeves with drawn work down the center and double button cuff...Category
20th Century French Blouses
- Martin Grant Black Sleeveless Gathered Tunic Top with Crochet BallsBy Martin GrantLocated in West Palm Beach, FLMartin Grant black sleeveless gathered tunic top with a neck corsage of crochet black balls. Racer neck top is gathered at the neck with a ruffle, open ga...Category
21st Century and Contemporary British Blouses and Tops$184 Sale Price20% Off
- Christian Lacroix Black Silk Organza Embroidered Sequin Appliqued BlouseBy Christian LacroixLocated in West Palm Beach, FLChristian Lacroix black silk organza embroidered and sequin appliqued blouse. This amazing blouse is a tribute to Lacroix's use of decoration as art. ...Category
1990s French Blousons
- New Gucci Heart and Beach Ball Print Navy Silk Halter TopBy GucciLocated in San Francisco, CAGucci blue and red heart print silk top with beach ball print accent at neck. Deep V neck at front and slit at back with buttons at back neck. Scarf detail can be left open or tied h...Category
2010s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Moschino Couture 1980s Dove Top White and Silver Sequin on Navy T-shirtBy MoschinoLocated in San Francisco, CAVintage Moschino Couture 1980s dark navy (almost black) short sleeve blouse with cream, white, silver and gold sequin and bead dove at front. Pull on style with no closures. 55% a...Category
1980s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Prada Palm Tree Print Black Silk TopBy PradaLocated in San Francisco, CAPrada black silk top with fuschia and teal palm tree print. Lace trim ruffle cascading down front. Short sleeves, tie neck. 100% silk. Size IT 42,...Category
Early 2000s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Dolce & Gabbana Black and Purple Silk Floral Tulip Print Cropped Jacket BoleroBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in San Francisco, CADolce & Gabbana black and purplish floral tulip print silk cropped bolero with bow detail at front, wide sleeves. Fastens at front with two hidden snap closures. 100% silk. Lined i...Category
2010s Italian Bolero Jackets
- Stephen Sprouse 1980s Black Silk Button Up BlouseBy Stephen SprouseLocated in San Francisco, CASprouse by Stephen Sprouse black silk long sleeve blouse with round neck, button front, and long sleeves. Princess seam detail at front and back creates a tailored shape. 100% silk...Category
1980s South Korean Blouses and Tops
- Burberry Men's Medium Parker Core Tee T-Shirt 58B715SBy BurberryLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: CNSOUFOU1QUA Made In: China Measurements: Length: 20" Width: .2" Height: 28" OVERALL EXCELLENT-CONDITION ( 8.5/10 or A- ) Men's M Shoulders: 17" Pit to...Category
21st Century and Contemporary T-Shirts