- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
New Versace Collection Leopard Print Calf Hair Stiletto Heel Boots IT 38 US 8
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: 38 (EU)
- Place of Origin:
- Seller Location:Montgomery, TX
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU65315089851
Subversive, maximalist and unabashedly seductive, Gianni Versace’s (1946–97) designs infused high fashion with an entirely new ethos. “I don’t believe in good taste,” the legendary Italian couturier once explained. Instead, he had a sexy good time with fashion — as he did with life. Today, vintage Versace clothing, handbags and other accessories look astonishingly fresh and freshly relevant.
More than any designer before him, Versace mined celebrity, music and Pop art for inspiration. In fact, the New York Times noted in 1997 that the fashion industry “is now driven by contemporary culture because Mr. Versace made it that way.” Insiders consider his 1991/1992 Autumn/Winter runway show — which featured supermodels Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista lip-synching George Michael’s “Freedom! '90” — as the moment when the two worlds of fashion and pop culture became one, changing both forever.
Versace was born in Reggio di Calabria, Italy. His mother was a successful dressmaker who employed more than 40 seamstresses. As a child, little Gianni marveled at her workshop, which would become a university of sorts, where he learned the exceptional construction techniques that were at the foundation of his creative expression. In 1972, at age 25, he moved to Milan to work in fashion. He launched his first collection — and his label — in 1978, with his older brother Santo managing the business concerns. Soon, sister Donatella, whom Gianni dressed and took to discos when she was still a child, joined the family venture, where she had a creative role and managed enormously popular ready-to-wear lines such as Versus.
Vintage Versace has become catnip for modern fashion enthusiasts who seek out the now-iconic house codes that originated in the designs of the 1980s and 1990s. His glamorous and seductive apparel — the clingy skirts and slender, strappy party dresses, as well as the erotic magazine ads that publicized them — looms large, but Versace’s art and historical influences were also vast.
Versace was an art collector, and he took on commissions to create costumes for theatrical performances during the 1980s and spoke of looking to numerous cultures for inspiration. This adventurous spirit of design resulted in his creating jewel-toned prints rooted in Grecian motifs, Etruscan symbols, the Italian Baroque and Andy Warholʼs Marilyn Monroe. There were slinky dresses in Oroton, his patented chain-mail textile that draped like satin, and leather bondage ensembles. Sex sold, for both women and men. Wrote the late curator Richard Martin, “[Versace] became the standard-bearer of gay men’s fashion because he eschewed decorum and designed for desire.”
Following Versace’s tragic murder in 1997, Donatella took over the role of artistic director and continued to evolve the house codes with a twist of her feminine and feminist perspective. Today, Santo Versace is chief executive officer of Versace and Donatella is its chief creative officer.
Browse an extraordinary collection of vintage Versace evening dresses, handbags, day dresses, accessories and more on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Montgomery, TX
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- New Versace Black Leather Suede Greek Key Gold Tone Heel Over Knee Boots 38By VersaceLocated in Montgomery, TXNew Versace Black Greek Key Heel Thigh High Boots Italian size - 38. Black Leather and Stretch Suede, Over the Knee Style, Gold Tone Metal Greek Motive Heel, Side Half Zip Closure, ...Category
2010s Italian Boots$1,196 Sale Price25% Off
- Tom Ford for Gucci F/W 2002 Black Crocodile Shoes Pumps 9 BBy Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Montgomery, TXTom Ford for Gucci Black Crocodile Heels Pumps Designer size - 9 B F/W 2002 Collection Genuine crocodile skin, Leather sole & insole, stacked heels height - 4.5 inches Made in Italy. Excellent condition, comes with the original dust bag. Unfortunately due to restrictions we can't do international shipping for this crocodile shoes.Category
Early 2000s Italian High Heels
- New Tom Ford for Gucci F/W 1999 Velvet Onyx Beaded Knee Boots It 37 - US 7By Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Montgomery, TXTom Ford for Gucci Runway Black Onyx Beaded Velvet Knee Boots Vintage F/W 1999 Collection Designer size 37 C - US 7 C ( size 37.5 in used condition also available ) Sexy and Elegant ...Category
1990s Italian Boots
- New Tom Ford for GUCCI Collectible Over the Knee GG Medallion Leather Boots 36.5By Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Montgomery, TXTOM FORD for GUCCI Over the Knee Black Leather Boots Designer Size 36.5 C Black Stretch Leather Interlocking Bronze Tone Metal GG Logo Medallions Stacked Wooden Heel and Platform Ant...Category
Early 2000s Italian Boots
- New $2.470 Roberto Cavalli Black Leather Swarovski Iconic Scull Boots 38.5 - 8.5By Roberto CavalliLocated in Montgomery, TXNew Roberto Cavalli Black Leather Embellished Boots Designer size 38.5 - US 8.5 100% Leather, Iconic Scull and Snake Gold-tone Metallic Design Adorned with Swarovski Crystals & Enam...Category
Early 2000s Italian Boots$1,116 Sale Price30% Off
- New Versace Tribute Crystal Embellished Medusa Buckle Ankle Strap Sandals 38.5By VersaceLocated in Montgomery, TXNew Versace Black Crystal Embellished Ankle Strap Shoes Sandals Designer size 38.5 - US 8.5 S/S 2018 Collection Black Satin, Black Swarovski Crys...Category
2010s Italian High Heels
- Unique Prada Flower Heel Exotic Black Crocodile High Heel Sandals Mules 38By PradaLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful Prada High Heel Sandals Real crocodile skin in black color - no print From Prada's exotic skin collection The heel is in the shape of a flower...Category
2010s Italian Shoes$1,039 Sale Price20% Off
- NEW Tod's for Ferrari Black Gommino Moccasins Loafers Alligator Crocodile 10By FerrariLocated in Switzerland, CHAMAZING RARE RARE RARE TOD'S FOR FERRARI LIMITED EDITION MOCCASINS LOAFERS RETAIL PRICE 7700$ PLUS TAXES DETAILS: A signature piece that will last you for years From an exclusive and limited exotic skin collection produced for Ferrari Pure luxury Beautiful exotic skin real crocodile leather - no print! Fantastic black leather with "Ferrari"-red stitching Ferrari horse...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Moccasins$1,999 Sale Price42% Off
- NEW Gucci Exotic Chocolate Brown Skin High Heel Peep Toes Sandals 37.5By GucciLocated in Switzerland, CHGORGEOUS GUCCI CHOCOLATE BROWN HIGH HEEL PEEP TOE MADE OUT OF REAL ALLIGATOR SKIN - NO PRINT! DETAILS: A GUCCI signature piece that will last you fo...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes$699 Sale Price53% Off
- NEW Prada Black Exotic Skin Crocodile Platform High Heels Pumps 40.5By PradaLocated in Switzerland, CHA PRADA signature piece that will last you for years Pure luxury! A real statement piece With platform and very high heels - for ultra-long legs! The most luxurious skin you can find on earth - shiny, thick, black leather - just gorgeous! Real crocodile...Category
2010s Italian Shoes$1,199 Sale Price20% Off
- Black Prada Exotic Crocodile High Heel Sandals Mules 39By PradaLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful Prada High Heel Sandals Real crocodile skin in black color - no print From Prada's exotic skin collection Classic style Made in Italy Size 39 ...Category
2010s Italian Shoes$1,199 Sale Price20% Off
- UNWORN Alaia Black Suede Platform Lace Up Boots Booties High Heels 37.5By Azzedine AlaïaLocated in Switzerland, CHAn AZZEDINE ALAIA classic signature piece that will last you for years This gorgeous pair of booties are made out of finest black suede with lace up details at ankles Size 37.5 Made ...Category
2010s Italian Shoes$399 Sale Price32% Off
- Charles Pfister for Knoll Club Chair in Cognac LeatherBy Knoll, Charles PfisterLocated in Waalwijk, NLCharles Pfister for Knoll International, lounge chair, leather, United States, 1970s This lounge chair is designed as part of a lounge collection in 1971 bij Charles Pfister. Exe...Category
Vintage 1970s American Post-Modern Club ChairsMaterials
- Portrait of Juliette Gréco, Pierre Piget, 1950Located in Saint ouen, FRPortrait of Juliette Gréco - Pierre Piget Oil on isorel signed and dated lower right Numbered on the back : 61 Dimensions with frame : 73 x 84cm S...Category
Vintage 1950s PaintingsMaterials
- Hermes Mini Lindy Magnolia Swift BNIBBy HermèsLocated in West Hollywood, CAHermes brand new in box mini lindy magnolia swift leather with palladium hardware. Date stamp U, 2022. Coveted new size , can be worn in three ways, also cr...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags
- Cartier Ballon Bleu Steel Yellow Gold Ladies Watch W69007Z3 Box PapersBy CartierLocated in Atlanta, GACartier Ballon Bleu 28mm Steel Yellow Gold Ladies Watch W69007Z3 Box Papers. Quartz movement. Round stainless steel case 28.0 mm in diameter....Category
21st Century and Contemporary Wrist WatchesMaterials
Steel, Yellow Gold$5,367Free Shipping
- Swedish Designer, Sconce, Brass, Red-Lacquered Metal, Sweden, c. 1950sLocated in West Palm Beach, FLA brass and red-lacquered metal sconce designed and produced in Sweden, c. 1950s.Category
Vintage 1950s Swedish Scandinavian Modern Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery