Vintage 90s Chanel White Lambskin CC Tortoiseshell Sandal Heels
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Chanel Bi Tones Quilted White Leather /Black Patent Leather FlatsBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Chanel bi tones quilted white leather / black patent leather cap toe stretch ballerina ballet flats shoes. - Made in Italy. - Featurin...Category
1990s Italian Shoes
- Gucci by Tom Ford Red Pony Hair Lace Up Open Toe Sandals HeelsBy GucciLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Gucci by Tom Ford red pony hair open toe sandals heels from Fall 1996 collection. Featuring the signature silver buckle. and black wooden heels. - Made in Italy. - Size...Category
1990s Italian Sandals
- Gucci by Tom Ford Classic Green Leather Square Toe Strap PumpsBy GucciLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Gucci by Tom Ford classic green leather square toe pumps with strap from fall 1996 collection. After 20 years, it stills look trendy and chic! - Featuring Gucci classic ...Category
1990s Italian Heels
- Escada Bi Tones Orange and Yellow Straps Sandals HeelsBy EscadaLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 80s Escada bi tones orange and yellow three straps sandals gold tone heels. - Size 37.5 - Length: 8.5 in I Height: 3.5in I Heels: 2in - Made in Italy. - The strap fa...Category
1980s Italian Sandals
- Escada Black Satin Pumps with Crystal Rhinestones HeelsBy EscadaLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 80s Escada black satin pumps with crystal rhinestones heels - Made in italy. - Size 37.5.Category
1980s Italian Heels
- New Gucci Resort 2007 Winter White Leather Bamboo Tassel Heels Pumps Sz 7.5By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VABrand New Cruise/Resort 2007 Stunning Gucci Leather Pumps Tassel Bamboo Toe Size: 7.5 Winter White Leather Heels: 3.5" Square Toe Leather Footbed B...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes
- Giuseppe Zanotti White Women's Open Toe Gold-tone Velcro Strap Ankle BootsBy Giuseppe ZanottiLocated in Downey, CAGiuseppe Zanotti White Women's Open Toe Gold-tone Velcro Strap Ankle Boots These white leather Giuseppe Zanotti Peep-Toe booties feature a top gold-tone metal logo accents tightly s...Category
2010s Italian Heels
- Thom Browne Low Top 42 White Mens Sneakers TB-0921N-0007By Thom BrowneLocated in Downey, CAThom Browne Low Top 42 White Mens Sneakers TB-0921N-0007 For the casual fashionista, this Thom Browne Calfskin Leather Men's low top Sneakers are a classic style with a chic detail....Category
2010s Italian Shoes
- Gucci Embroidered 5 Low-Top Calfskin Leather Ace Bee Sneakers GG-0505N-0164By GucciLocated in Downey, CAGucci Embroidered 5 Low-top Calfskin Leather Ace Bee Sneakers GG-0505N-0164 These stylish sneakers are crafted of leather and embellished with the iconic Gucci Bee green and red web...Category
2010s Italian Shoes
- Frye Off White Men's James Wingtip Polished Leather Dress John A Formal ShoesLocated in Downey, CAFrye Off White Men's James Wingtip Antiqued /Polished Leather Dress John A Formal Shoes Masterfully tailored by our craftsman, the James Wingtip offers a...Category
2010s Mexican Shoes
- CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN Purple Suede Pump SO KATE 100 Pointed Toe 38 NEWBy Christian LouboutinLocated in Hollywood, FLGUARANTEED AUTHENTIC CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN PURPLE SUEDE SO KATE 100mm Design: - Purple suede classic So Kate 100mm pointed toe pump. - Self-covered heel. - ...Category
2010s High Heels
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery