- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1998 Chanel Autumn Black Wool Crepe Pencil Skirt and White Silk Ruffled Camisole
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: San Francisco, CA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel
More than a mere tastemaker, Karl Lagerfeld devoted himself to the continual pursuit of chic. “My life and my job,” the designer once said, “is to forget myself.” From his first collection at Chanel — after joining the brand in the early 1980s — he injected the venerable house with a frisson of modernity. Vintage Karl Lagerfeld designs for Chanel handbags, evening dresses, coats, jewelry and other clothing and accessories riffed on its iconography — tweed skirt suits, pearls, camellias — accenting a lexicon of Chanel-isms with tastes of the moment.
During his five-decade career as a designer for Chanel, Fendi, Chloé and many others, Lagerfeld was a quintessential chameleon, ever evolving to embody the times. An outsize, instantly recognizable personality — his ponytail powdered like an 18th-century viscount, his eyes perpetually shielded by dark glasses, wearing fistfuls of chunky silver jewels — Lagerfeld was, above all, an avatar of style.
Born in Hamburg (in 1933, ’35, or ’38 by varying accounts), Karl Lagerfeld packed his bags for Paris in 1954. His design for a coat won him the International Wool Secretariat and landed him a job with the celebrated couturier Pierre Balmain. He went on to become the designer of Jean Patou, eventually realizing that his seemingly endless ideas could fuel a career as a designer-for-hire. As such, Lagerfeld lent his vision to everyone from Loewe and Max Mara to Krizia and Charles Jourdan, nimbly moving among a diverse range of styles. It was an unprecedented way of working in the days when freelance was still a dirty word. During the late ’60s and ’70s, he refashioned Chloé to reflect the free spirit of the day and, beginning in 1965, joined forces with the Fendi family, taking it from sleepy furrier to fashion’s haute-est stratum.
Because of his track record for reviving and reimagining brands that had grown stagnant, in 1984 Lagerfeld was handed the reins at Chanel, which had been gathering dust since its founder’s heyday. Lagerfeld’s collections for the brand displayed his knack for synthesizing old and new, high and low. From Watteau (Spring/Summer 1985 couture) and Serge Roche (Spring/Summer 1990 ready-to-wear) to hip-hop fly girls (Fall/Winter 1991 ready-to-wear), surfers (Spring/Summer 2003 ready-to-wear) and ancient Egypt (Pre-Fall 2019), Lagerfeld used each season’s inspiration to conceive Chanel’s signatures anew. And despite producing eight collections a year for Chanel, as well as four to five for Fendi, Lagerfeld never faltered in proposing new ideas each time he put pencil to paper.
- Torso Creations 2-Piece BoHo Crochet & Butterfly Applique Skirt and Midriff TopBy Torso CreationsLocated in San Francisco, CAA Torso Creations 2-piece Boho crochet and butterfly appliqued "peasant-style" asymmetrical-hemmed skirt and midriff-baring top with draped off-the-shoulder butterfly applique sleeve...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Skirts
- 1990s Karl Lagerfeld Black Silk Tiered Skirt and Pleated-Front Blouse SetBy Karl LagerfeldLocated in San Francisco, CA1990s Karl Lagerfeld black silk chiffon tiered full-length skirt. Banded waist. Paired with Karl Lagerfeld eggshell pleat-front blouse with logo buttons at cuffs. Skirt is a EU size ...Category
1990s French Blouses
- 2010 Chanel "Shanghai Collection" Black Leather Jacket w/ CamelliasBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in San Francisco, CA2010 Chanel "Shanghai Collection" Black Lambskin Leather Jacket w/ Gorgeous Camellia Designs. Table-cut and topstitched camellias form a 3-dimensional effect. Front patch pockets, in...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jackets
- 1990 Chanel Spring/Summer Canvas Tote Bag w/ Colorful Leather Camellia AppliqueBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in San Francisco, CA1990s Chanel Spring/Summer Collection black cotton canvas tote bag with colorful leather appliques of camellia, clover and "CC" logo. Cotton fishnet back pouch pocket, buckskin leath...Category
1990s Italian Tote Bags
- Chanel Haute Couture Ivory Silk Taffeta Coat Dress With Cowl Neckline, 1990sBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in San Francisco, CA1990s Chanel Haute Couture by Karl Lagerfeld. This stunning coat dress will captivate as a ball gown or wedding gown. Ivory silk taffeta alternates with silk satin and is constructed...Category
1990s French Ball Gowns
- 2009 Chanel Cruise Collection Cream Silk Knit Pullover Sweater w/ "CC" LogoBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in San Francisco, CA2009 Chanel Cruise Collection cream silk organza knit pullover sweater with "CC" logo knitted at front. Artfully deconstructed and fringed at cuffs. Size 44.Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Pullovers
- Chanel Black Linen Drawn Work Blouse Clover ButtonsBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in West Palm Beach, FLChanel Black Linen Drawn Work Blouse. Long sleeve button front blouse with three rows of drawn work at each side front. Sleeves with drawn work down the center and double button cuff...Category
20th Century French Blouses
- Chanel 1990's CC Buttons Abstract Print BlouseBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZA vintage Chanel printed blouse that NEEDS to be in your closet! This is the most fun shirt and will lift your mood instantly. It features a button front, a collared neck, and button...Category
1990s French Skirts
- Iconic Chanel Quilted Sequin Skirt by Karl Lagerfeld as seen in Met Museum NYCBy Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHGorgeous Chanel skirt Designed by Karl Lagerfeld As seen in the Chanel exhibition in the Metropolitan Museum in NYC Shiny black sequins Famous Chanel signature quilted pattern Fully ...Category
1990s French Pencil Skirts$1,099 Sale Price45% Off
- Chanel S/S 1989 campaign runway Grand Hotel print full skirt with matching beltBy Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Antwerp, BEChanel's spring-summer 1989 collection iconic and collectible rare skirt that features the iconic graphic "Grand Hotel" print that appeared on the runway and campaign for that season...Category
1980s French Circle Skirts
- CHANEL 1996 Black Long Skirt with CC Logo Buttons by Karl LagerfeldBy Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Arnsberg, NWCHANEL 1996. Luxurious long skirt from Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld with buttons. With CC logo buttons. Runway with Helena Christensen. Buy now or cry later! 53% viscose - 47% ...Category
- Chanel Charcoal Wool Kick Pleat Front Pocket Pencil Skirt VintageBy Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in West Palm Beach, FLChanel charcoal wool kick pleat front, curved hip front pocket, pencil skirt. 1990s dark charcoal wool skirt has a narrow band waist, the skirt closes at the side with a bar hook at ...Category
1990s French Pencil Skirts
Recently ViewedView More
How the Chanel Jacket Forever Changed What Women Wear
The classic tweed garment has been a wardrobe staple of chic women around the world since the 1950s.
Remembering Fashion Designer, Collector and Supreme Tastemaker Karl Lagerfeld
The creative force behind brands like Chanel, Fendi and Chloé was as exacting in his interiors as he was in his clothing designs.