- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1999 Vintage Chanel Boutique Black Long Full Length Skirt Size 36
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$20 Standard Parcel Shippingto United States 0, arrives in 4-9 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Portland, OR
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
The first Chanel shop was opened in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, her designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz. Over the next six decades, Coco Chanel would become a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls.
However, Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- By Karl Lagerfeld, ChanelLocated in Portland, ORThis is a S/S 2001 black Chanel a-line wool skirt with subtle seams and oval CC logo plate sewn into the waistba...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Skirts
- By Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Portland, ORThis is a such a lovely vintage S/S 2001 Chanel purple silk tank top and printed silk pleated skirt ensemble. Th...Category
Early 2000s Skirts
- By ValentinoLocated in Portland, ORThis is a gorgeous brown leather pencil skirt by Valentino with an alligator print embossing. It buttons and zip...Category
20th Century Pencil Skirts
- By Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Portland, ORThis is such a sleek YSL vintage midi skirt from the 1990's. The fabric is a luxe lightweight black wool crepe,...Category
1990s Pleated Skirts
- By Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Portland, ORWe love vintage YSL - not only are the pieces stylish and timeless, they are incredibly well made! This is a 1...Category
1990s Pencil Skirts
- By ValentinoLocated in Portland, ORWe love this classic brown wool pencil skirt from Valentino Boutique. This vintage Valentino skirt came from an ...Category
You May Also Like
Early 2000s Skirts
2010s Pencil Skirts
Late 20th Century Skirts
20th Century Skirts
Chanel’s Boy Brick Lego Bag Transforms a Barcode into Art
In the hands of Karl Lagerfeld, even running errands became a chic exercise.
A Chanel Obsessive’s Cache Extends Well beyond Her Walk-In Closet
From handbags and heels to jackets and jewels, Sharon Coplan Hurowitz has a deep admiration for (and collection of) all things Chanel.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery