Quite rare indeed, this skirt dates from the middle of the 19th century. The front of this skirt has been fully embroidered by hand with hand cut out eyelet flowers and paisley motifs. the flat front lets way to a gathered flounce in the rear, a style popular in the 1870-80s. A true museum grade masterpiece of craftsmanship never again to be seen in fashion.
- Material notes
- ConditionExcellent. For the age of this piece the fabric is quite strong and fully wearable however please understand that after 130 years even the best of us will have a few minor flaws here and there..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
D 38 in. x L 38 in.
D 96.52 cm x L 96.52 cm
- Waist29 in. (73.66 cm)
- Length38 in. (96.52 cm)
- Seller locationNew York, NY
- Seller reference numberLDVIC5ON0329
- Reference numberLU16121768033
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2015
Typical response time: <1 hr
Located in New York, NY
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like