- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
OLD CELINE PHOEBE PHILO white cotton wrap self tie darted midi skirt XS
- DimensionsLength: 35.44 in (90 cm)Marked Size: XS (NA)Waist: 13 in (33 cm)Hip: 14.18 in (36 cm)
- StyleWrap skirt (In the Style Of)
- ConditionVery good, this item was pre-owned and is in very good condition. Composition label and size label removed. There is minor spot stains on lining and aroud waist band.
- Seller LocationHong Kong, HK
- Reference NumberSeller: SNKO/A001531stDibs: LU1726112175642
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Central, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Manufacturer
Now renowned for chic womenswear as well as luxury leather handbags that are often recognized for their iconic gold-tone fastening and hardware, French fashion house Celine got its start in children’s shoes.
In 1945, Céline Vipiana and her husband, Richard, opened a made-to-measure shoe shop for children at 52 rue de Malte in Paris. Designer Céline’s name graced the business, alongside a red elephant designed by French cartoonist Raymond Peynet that served as the company’s first logo. In 1967, following an expansion into women’s shoes and leather accessories, the Vipianas decided to expand their company’s reach into women’s ready-to-wear, focusing on high-end sportswear. Céline Vipiana, who remained chief designer until her death in 1997, would oversee a range of fashion that would reach an international audience with a pared-down elegance and timeless style.
The company quickly achieved widespread success with its new offerings, most notably its trench coat, which became a staple for the brand. In the 1970s, they expanded outside Paris with boutiques in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills and Hong Kong. In 1973, Céline Vipiana, inspired by chain links around the Arc de Triomphe, debuted the Blazon Chaîne motif of interlocking C’s. She began using it on a printed canvas and branding as well as accents on accessories, such as the Triomphe bag.
Vipiana’s designs were created to appeal as everyday fashion: Celine skirts, suits, fitted shirts, vests and coats were stylish but rooted in practicality. Quality, too, was paramount; Vipiana’s determination to deliver the best possible leather led to the opening of a studio in Florence, where the brand created its leather goods.
Vipiana died a year after her brand was acquired by Bernard Arnault’s luxury conglomerate LVMH for about $540 million. American designer Michael Kors then took the helm as creative director. Kors, too, was known for practical but chic ready-to-wear. He introduced such luxury staples as cashmere sets, smartly tailored pants and simple slip dresses, plus themed collections around jet-setter locales like Monte Carlo and Tahiti. Following Kors’s departure in 2004, onetime Burberry designer Roberto Menichetti took the job for just a year. He was followed by designer Phoebe Philo, the young British designer who is now credited with establishing Celine’s 21st-century style.
Philo created a distinct, minimal style that channeled the brand’s roots of practical simplicity with luxury materials. (“I just thought I’d clean it up,” she quipped of her debut collection in 2010.) Over the course of ten years, Philo turned the company into a beloved fixture of the fashion industry. In 2018, after Philo’s departure, the house tapped Hedi Slimane, former creative director of Yves Saint Laurent, as its new leader; he caused a stir when he famously removed the accent from the brand name. Controversial though it was, Slimane maintained it was a return to the label’s roots: an exercise in strong simplicity.
Find vintage Celine day dresses, handbags and other items on 1stDibs.
- new CELINE Hedi Slimane Prince Of Wales houndstooth wool tweed pleated skirtBy CelineLocated in Hong Kong, NTnew CELINE Hedi Slimane Prince Of Wales houndstooth wool tweed pleated skirt FR36 S Reference: MELK/A00061 Brand: Celine Designer: Hedi Slimane Material: Wool Color: Brown Pattern: H...Category
2010s Flare Skirts
- CELINE PHOEBE PHILO tan brown leather open toe silver metal glove heel EU37.5By Celine, Phoebe PhiloLocated in Hong Kong, NTCELINE PHOEBE PHILO tan brown leather open toe silver metal glove heel EU37.5 Brand: Celine Designer: Phoebe Philo Model Name / Style: Glove heel Material: Leather Color: Brown Patte...Category
2010s Italian High Heels$259 Sale Price30% Off
- OLD CELINE PHOEBE PHILO black nude leather lace open side peep toe bootie EU40.5By Celine, Phoebe PhiloLocated in Hong Kong, NTOLD CELINE PHOEBE PHILO black nude leather lace open side peep toe bootie EU40.5 Brand: Celine Designer: Phoebe Philo Model Name / Style: Open bootie Material: Leather Color: Black, ...Category
2010s Italian High Heels$245 Sale Price30% Off
- new OLD CELINE PHILO Chelsea Boot 85 black curved toe calfskin heel boots EU37By Celine, Phoebe PhiloLocated in Hong Kong, NTnew OLD CELINE PHILO Chelsea Boot 85 black curved toe calfskin heel boots EU37 Brand: Celine Designer: Phoebe Philo Model Name / Style: Chelsea Boot 85 Material: Leather Color: Black...Category
2010s Italian Boots
- CELINE Vintage 80's orange check pleat skirt leather horse bit cuff FR44 XXLBy CelineLocated in Hong Kong, NTCELINE Vintage 80's orange check pleat skirt leather horse bit cuff FR44 XXL Reference: TGAS/A03271 Brand: Celine Designer: Phoebe Philo Material: wool Color: Orange Pattern: Check...Category
2010s A-Line Skirts$408 Sale Price20% Off
- OLD CELINE Phoebe Philo black viscose silk pleated hem wrap skirt FR36 SBy CelineLocated in Hong Kong, NTOLD CELINE Phoebe Philo black viscose silk pleated hem wrap skirt FR36 S Reference: KEDG/A00157 Brand: Celine Designer: Phoebe Philo Material: Viscose Color: Black Pattern: Solid Clo...Category
2010s French Wrap Skirts
- Céline by Phoebe Philo Resort 2010 Cotton Zip Detail SkirtBy Celine, Phoebe PhiloLocated in Brussels, BEWhen Phoebe Philo started designing for Céline, she craved structure and sharp lines in her work, empowering women with her personal take on wardrobe staples. This skirt may appear s...Category
Early 2000s Italian Skirts
- Céline by Phoebe Philo SS-2010 Cotton Deconstructed Trench SkirtBy Celine, Phoebe PhiloLocated in Brussels, BEThe first pieces English designer Phoebe Philo conceived for the House of Céline are pure fashion gold, expressing her unique sensibility, which pairs sartorial refinement with utili...Category
Early 2000s Italian Skirts
- 2014 CELINE by PHOEBE PHILO boucle knit runway sweaterBy Celine, Phoebe PhiloLocated in San Fransisco, CAGrey marled boucle knit sweater with asymmetrical snap closure designed by Phoebe Philo for Celine exactly as seen on the 2014 runway. Labeled a French size 38. Approximate measureme...Category
2010s French Pullovers
- Celine Iconic Blue Check Wool SkirtBy CelineLocated in Paris, FRCeline iconic blue wool skirt featuring a front logo gold tone chain, an ivory and a pale blue-grey check pattern, a center back zip opening, front pleats. 55% wool, 45%viscose Estim...Category
1980s French Pleated Skirts
- Celine White Denim Mini Skirt, Size 40By CelineLocated in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: The skirt features floral cut offs on the bottom of the skirt, mini length and silver tone hardware.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Skirts
- 1970s Celine Navy and Cream Cheque Box Pleat SkirtBy CelineLocated in London, GBEarly 1970s Celine 100% wool classic box pleat skirt. This is a high-waisted navy and white houndstooth design with navy calfskin leather and gold tone chain link gourmette either s...Category
1970s French A-Line Skirts