- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Balmain Haute Couture Jacket in Double Faced Wool and Pants in Herringbone Wool
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: New Hope, PA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Designer
Oscar De La Renta
Oscar de la Renta was not just a designer for the ages but a designer for women of all ages — from Hollywood starlets to silver-haired doyennes, from fashion icons (Sarah Jessica Parker) to iconic brides (Amal Alamuddin Clooney), from leading ladies of hip-hop (Nicki Minaj) to First Ladies of the United States (Jacqueline Kennedy all the way through to Michelle Obama). The secret to his broad and enduring appeal? “I have always thought that my role as a designer is to do the very best I can for a woman,” de la Renta told 1stDibs in a 2010 profile.
And for de la Renta, doing the very best meant making a woman feel beautiful, glamorous and full of confidence, whether she was walking down the red carpet or a crowded city street. "You carry the clothes, the clothes don't carry you," he went on to say in our story.
A perennial favorite on 1stDibs, Oscar de la Renta designs evolved over the years, as the large selection of items below attests, but whether bolero or ball gown, vintage or current, the pieces exude elegant sophistication and enduring originality — much like the man himself.
Find a collection of vintage Oscar de la Renta evening dresses and gowns, skirts and other clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Black on Black Woven Silk and Satin Tuxedo by Jon Valdi CoutureLocated in New Hope, PAThis chic black silk tuxedo is made from the most beautiful woven fabric with swirling curved designs and vertical bands in the textured design. The jacket has classic notched sati...Category
Late 20th Century Trouser Pant Suits
- Issey Miyake Haat Grey Flannel Suit with Fringe Embroidery and PatchworkBy Issey MiyakeLocated in New Hope, PAThe Issey Miyake label Haat or Heart is produced in Japan with an emphasis on Japanese made textiles. This suit is an excellent example of that work. The lapels, center front, and t...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Japanese Skirt Suits
- 1960's CourregesBy André CourrègesLocated in New Hope, PAA very chic black cotton jacket and pants that are trimmed with rows of white stitching. The collarless jacket is waist length with faux breast pockets and three black and silver but...Category
1970s French Trouser Pant Suits$750
- Toby Lerner Philadelphia Black Wool Suit with Decorative Buttons and ButtonholesLocated in New Hope, PAThis is a fun little black skirt suit from Toby Lerner, one of the very exclusive ladies shops in Philadelphia. The collarless jacket has a zipper at the center front, with three la...Category
1980s American Skirt Suits
- Moschino Couture Suit, Humorous Pockets Poke Fun at Chanel Jackets and SkirtsBy Moschino Couture, MoschinoLocated in New Hope, PAFranco Moschino designed this navy blue wool suit with the idea that he would poke a little fun at the classic Chanel suit. He has used a similar shape and similar buttons. The humo...Category
1980s Italian Skirt Suits
- Yves Saint Laurent Haute Couture Double Breasted Black Wool Suit, late 1970sBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in New Hope, PAThis late 1970's or very early 1980's black wool suit from Yves Saint Laurent Haute Couture is a stunning example of true French couture tailoring. Made in the YSL atelier in Paris ...Category
1970s French Skirt Suits