Lace overlay pants and blouse set Gianni Versace
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 25.99 in (66 cm)Length: 68.12 in (173 cm)Bust: 33.08 in (84 cm)Waist: 27.56 in (70 cm)Hip: 37.8 in (96 cm)Inseam: 12.6 in (32 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Material Notes:Composition: 50% lurex, metal lace, golden studs, 50% viscose
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Top: chest 84cm, waist 84cm, lenght 66cm, back width 37cm, hip 96cm Pants: waist 70cm, inseam 32cm, fork length 75cm, length 107cm, width of the lower leg 22cm, lenght zip of the lower leg 10cm.
- Seller Location:Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FR
- Reference Number:Seller: A61841stDibs: LU2170211977842
The signature extravagance of legendary fashion designer Gianni Versace — forever aligned with glamour, sex, celebrity and spectacle — can overshadow the Italian couturier’s broad and deep engagement with history and culture. More than any designer before him, Versace mined celebrity, music and Pop art for inspiration, and his subversive, maximalist and unabashedly seductive designs infused high fashion with an entirely new ethos.
“I don’t believe in good taste,” Versace once explained. Instead, he had a sexy good time with fashion — as he did with life. Today, vintage Gianni Versace clothing, handbags and other accessories look astonishingly fresh and freshly relevant.
Gianni Versace was born in Calabria, Italy. His mother was a successful dressmaker who employed more than 40 seamstresses. As a child, little Gianni marveled at her workshop, which would become a university of sorts, where he learned the exceptional construction techniques that were at the foundation of his creative expression. In 1972, at age 25, he moved to Milan to work in fashion. He launched his first collection — and his label — in 1978, with his older brother Santo managing the business concerns. Soon, sister Donatella, whom Gianni dressed and took to discos when she was still a child, joined the family venture, where she had a creative role and managed enormously popular ready-to-wear lines such as Versus.
Vintage Versace has become catnip for modern fashion enthusiasts who seek out the now-iconic house codes that originated in the designs of the 1980s and 1990s. His glamorous and seductive apparel — the clingy skirts and slender, strappy party dresses, as well as the erotic magazine ads that publicized them — looms large, but Versace’s art and historical influences were also vast.
Versace was an art collector, and he took on commissions to create costumes for theatrical performances during the 1980s and spoke of looking to numerous cultures for inspiration. The New York Times noted in 1997 that the fashion industry “is now driven by contemporary culture because Mr. Versace made it that way.” Insiders consider his 1991/1992 Autumn/Winter runway show — which featured supermodels Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista lip-synching George Michael’s “Freedom” — as the moment when the two worlds of fashion and pop culture became one, changing both forever.
Versace's adventurous spirit of design resulted in his creating jewel-toned prints rooted in Grecian motifs, Etruscan symbols, the Italian Baroque and Andy Warholʼs Marilyn Monroe. There were slinky dresses in Oroton, his patented chain-mail textile that draped like satin, and leather bondage ensembles. Sex sold, for both women and men. Wrote the late curator Richard Martin, “[Versace] became the standard-bearer of gay men’s fashion because he eschewed decorum and designed for desire.”
Following Versace’s tragic murder in 1997, Donatella took over the role of artistic director and continued to evolve the house codes with a twist of her feminine and feminist perspective. Today, Santo Versace is chief executive officer of Versace and Donatella is its chief creative officer.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, France
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Top and skirt metallic pattern 70's Paco RabanneBy Paco RabanneLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRTop and skirt metallic patternCategory
1970s Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Top and skirt in lilac strech jersey Herve LégerBy Herve LégerLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRTop sleeveless and asymetric skirt ( knee lenght) in lilac rayon and elasthanCategory
1990s Skirt Suits
- Silk and lurex damasked skirt-suit Yves Saint Laurent Rive GaucheBy Yves Saint Laurent Rive GaucheLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRSkirt suit in silk and lurex damasked ,without collar with jewlery buttonsCategory
1980s Skirt Suits
- Lace overlay shorts and blouse set Gianni Versace coutureBy Gianni Versace CoutureLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRGold lamé shorts and blouse outfit covered with gold embroidered cashmere lace and inlaid with gold studs by Gianni Versace couture French Size 36 Italian Size 42 US Size 8 Back Widt...Category
1990s Italian Trouser Pant Suits
- Skirt-suit with flower print Yves Saint Laurent Rive GaucheBy Yves Saint Laurent Rive GaucheLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRSkirt-suit in flower printed coton and jewlery buttonsCategory
1990s Skirt Suits
- Grey pinstrip double breasted skirt suit with enamel buttons Christian LacroixBy Christian Lacroix ParisLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRGrey pinstripe jacket with enamel buttons. Plain skirt. SIZE 38 (M)Category
1990s French Skirt Suits
- Sophie of Saks Sophie Gimbel Grey 1960s Skirt Suit in Grey and White Fuzzy WeaveBy Sophie GimbelLocated in San Francisco, CAVintage 1960s Sophie of Saks skirt suit in a super textured grey and white weave. Textured brassy colored metal buttons. Side zip and hook and loop clos...Category
1960s Unknown Skirt Suits
- Yves Saint Laurent "rive gauche" S/S 1978 Picasso inspired documented cotton setBy Yves Saint Laurent, Yves Saint Laurent Rive GaucheLocated in Antwerp, BEYves Saint Laurent introduces the Zouave silhouette in his Pablo Picasso-inspired spring 1980 collection. Documented amazing and rare three pieces set. Please use the measurements...Category
1970s French Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Adele Simpson Belted Coat and Skirt Set 1960sBy Adele SimpsonLocated in Water Mill, NYA fabulous coat and skirt set from Adele Simpson in off white, burgundy and black plaid wool. The coat has 2 front flap patch pockets, fold back cu...Category
1960s American Coats and Outerwear
- SPONTINI Size 36 Grey Shimmery Wool Silk Single Breasted 28 30 SuitLocated in San Francisco, CASPONTINI suit comes in a grey shimmery wool and silk woven material with a full liner and includes a single breasted, double button suit with a notch lapel and matching flat front tr...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- GUCCI Size 38 Grey Stripe Wool Blend Notch Lapel SuitBy GucciLocated in San Francisco, CAGUCCI suit comes in a grey stripe wool blend with a full liner and includes a breasted, double button sport coat with a notch lapel and matching flat front trousers. Made in Italy. ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Trouser Pant Suits
- DOLCE & GABBANA Size 46 Light Gray Stripe Linen Cotton Notch Lapel SuitBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in San Francisco, CADOLCE & GABBANA suit comes in a light gray stripe linen / cotton with a half liner and includes a single breasted, double button sport coat with a peak lapel and matching flat front ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Trouser Pant Suits