Vintage Chanel Silk Jacket & Skirt Ensemble w/Silk Bow Motif & CC Logo ButtonsItem Status:
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Chanel Silk Jacket & Skirt Ensemble w/Silk Bow Motif & CC Logo Buttons
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Los Angeles, CA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Chanel (Manufacturer)
The first Chanel shop was opened in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, her designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz. Over the next six decades, Coco Chanel would become a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls.
However, Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a collarless jacket and fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel evening dresses, jackets and more at 1stDibs.
- By ChanelLocated in Los Angeles, CAChanel haute couture ecru colored boucle wool jacket and skirt ensemble. Jacket includes four washer buttons tha...Category
1990s Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- By Christian LacroixLocated in Los Angeles, CAVintage Christian Lacroix cropped and fitted black satin top with matching maxi skirt. Top has 3/4 sleeves and f...Category
Late 20th Century Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- By Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Los Angeles, CA1970's Yves Saint Laurent iconic floral print blouse & skirt ensemble in a lightweight wool. Blouse features but...Category
1970s Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- By Pierre CardinLocated in Los Angeles, CA1970's Pierre Cardin sequin blouse & trouser pant set w/large white flower outline print and ruffled collar ...Category
1970s Trouser Pant Suits$1,250 Sale Price43% Off
- By André CourrègesLocated in Los Angeles, CA1960's Courreges for Harrods baby pink cap sleeve tunic top with two front pockets and matching trousers. 100% s...Category
Late 20th Century Trouser Pant Suits$1,200 Sale Price25% Off
- By MissoniLocated in Los Angeles, CAVintage Missoni multicolored floral and check print tank top and wrap skirt ensemble made of stretch cotton. In ...Category
Late 20th Century Suits, Outfits and EnsemblesL 42 in.$575 Sale Price23% Off
You May Also Like
1970s Skirt Suits
Late 20th Century Skirt Suits
Late 20th Century Dress and Coat Ensembles
1970s Skirt Suits
1980s Dress and Coat Ensembles
1960s Skirt Suits
1990s Skirt Suits
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery