- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
90s Moschino Vintage grey and off-white camouflage pattern wool long cardigan
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Lugo (RA), Italy
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Designer
The Moschino story begins in the early 1980s, when Franco Moschino (1950–94), a freelance magazine illustrator and Gianni Versace collaborator, founded a label in Italy whose ethos was all about having fun.
Moschino initially pursued a degree in painting at Milan Academy of Fine Arts during the late 1960s, turning to freelance illustration to help pay his way through school. He found inspiration in Pop art, Dadaism and bold graphics. During the 1970s, he began to work for Gianni Versace’s now-legendary house as a sketcher and freelanced as a clothing designer with other fashion labels. In 1983, encouraged by Versace, he launched his own extravagant and excessive couture collection.
Moschino’s expertly tailored, vibrant designs for casual wear and more, each adorned with loud, playful details, spoofed the chic high fashion of the day, and his close relationship with fine art — as well as his eye for innovation — welcomed comparisons to Elsa Schiaparelli over the years. The label’s work essentially mocked the industry even as its hand fed Moschino, with the founder emblazoning shirts with slogans such as “Good taste doesn’t exist” or embroidering jackets with the phrase “Waist of money,” while the theatrical shows were positioned with an undercurrent of critique. Today, the Metropolitan Museum of Art holds two vintage Moschino handbags in its collection: one shaped like a milk carton and the other an iron.
“Under all the surface witticisms, [Moschino] had a serious knack for running class pieces through a wringer of irony or Surrealism,” observed Vogue. “Chanel-isms were his favorite trope, though he also poked fun at Jean Paul Gaultier’s lingerie dressing and put out pasta bags in a parody of the Prada accessories craze.”
Accessories, jeans and the first men’s collection were presented at the Regal Palace in Milan in 1985, with his Moschino Jeans womenswear collection following in 1986. Then Moschino released Moschino for Women, its first fragrance, the next year in Europe. In 1988, long before brands had considered the concept of a spin-off, Moschino bowed its cheeky diffusion line for men and women, Moschino Cheap & Chic, during the shows in Milan. The label thrived, adding its first stores in Italy and campaigning for eco-friendly fur. Its retrospective-slash-fashion-show “X Years of Kaos” in the early 1990s benefited a children’s AIDS organization.
After Moschino’s untimely death at the age of 44 from AIDS complications, Rossella Jardini, his longtime friend and colleague, took the reins. She carried the torch for nearly 20 years, adding eyewear, watches and jewelry. American designer Jeremy Scott was named creative director in 2013.
Scott, who grew up on a farm and once unveiled a collection of evening dresses charred with burn marks, imbues all his work with a message of inclusion, be it his Fast Food collection in 2014 (hot dog dress included) or Moschino Barbie. “I don’t care if the critics don’t like me,” Scott told Vogue. “I want to be the people’s designer, like Diana was the people’s princess.”
Find vintage Moschino clothing on 1stDibs.
- 1990s Moschino Black Wool Cardigan-BodyBy MoschinoLocated in Lugo (RA), ITMoschino black wool blend cardigan-body. V-neck, front buttoning, batwing sleeves and two front pockets. Years: 90s Made in Italy Size: 42 IT Flat measurements Height: 88 cm B...Category
1990s Italian Sweaters
- 1990s Moschino Black And White CardiganBy MoschinoLocated in Lugo (RA), ITMoschino black and white striped virgin woo cardigan. V-neck with and frill, front closure with buttons and long sleeves. Years: 90s Made in Italy Size: 42 IT Flat measurements ...Category
1990s Italian Cardigans$129 Sale Price33% Off
- 1990s Dolce & Gabbana Ribbed SweaterBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Lugo (RA), ITDolce & Gabbana crewneck sweater in black cotton blend. Model with ribbed detail and long sleeves. The product has slightly loose threads at the edges. Years: 90s Made in Italy S...Category
1990s Italian Pullovers
- 1990s Comme Des Garçons Blue And Purple Wool Blend TopBy Comme des GarçonsLocated in Lugo (RA), ITComme Des Garçons knitted vest with two-tone purple and blue block pattern. Straight cut and round neckline. The item has some signs of wear as shown in the pictures. Anni: 90s Ma...Category
1990s Japanese Sweaters
- 1990s Gianfranco Ferré Grey Furry SweaterBy Gianfranco FerréLocated in Lugo (RA), ITGianfranco Ferré alpaca, mohair and wool blend dark grey sweater with tone-on-tone persian lamb fur inserts. Boat neck model, zip on the right shoulder with black leather puller and ...Category
1990s Italian Sweaters
- 2000s Romeo Gigli raspberry red wool blend crewneck sweaterBy Romeo GigliLocated in Lugo (RA), ITRomeo Gigli raspberry red wool blend crewneck sweater. Model with long sleeves, ribbed hem and cuffs, side slits and asymmetrical hem. Size: S Flat measurements Length: 80 cm Waist...Category
- Moschino Cheap and Chic Metallic Crochet Cropped CardiganBy MoschinoLocated in Oakland, CAMoschino Cheap and Chic colorful cropped bolero jacket/cardigan. Metallic gold, fuschia, mustard yellow, green and blue. One button closure. Tagged Italy 42/US 8.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Cardigans
- MOSCHINO Sky Blue Beaded Knit Sweater Size 42By MoschinoLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis Moschino sweater is composed of a sky blue knit and features beaded applique. There are center front button closures. In great condition, with original tags. **Please cr...Category
20th Century Italian Sweaters
- Moschino Cheap and Chic Love Champion SweaterBy Moschino, Moschino Cheap and ChicLocated in Los Angeles, CAMoschino cheap and chic love champion sweater Moschino makes Fall dressing shine with unique pieces like this sweater with letterman style letters on the front! Pair with black skin...Category
1980s Italian Sweaters
- Moschino Cheap Chic Black White Wool SweaterBy Moschino, Moschino Cheap and ChicLocated in Los Angeles, CAMoschino cheap chic black white wool sweater Be retro cool wearing this unique vintage Moschino tunic sweater with hood Pair with leggings and flat boots for a great look. For the M...Category
1990s Italian Pullovers
- Moschino Varsity Sweater Star Black Pink IvoryBy Moschino Jeans, MoschinoLocated in Los Angeles, CAMoschino varsity sweater star black pink ivory Celebrate the season wearing this varsity style sweater by Moschino! Pair with white or black skinny jeans and boots for a finished lo...Category
Early 2000s Italian Sweaters
- Moschino Couture Red Yellow 1/2 Wool Sweater, Size 6By MoschinoLocated in Los Angeles, CAMoschino couture red yellow 1/2 wool sweater Moschino Couture makes a strong and fun statement for fashion with this 1/2 off sweater in a bight red and yellow color scheme, Pair wit...Category
2010s Italian Sweaters