- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Unworn Chanel Black Cashmere Long Cardigan Sweater in Silver CC Turn-Lock
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Chanel camellia top from Chanel spring/summer 2001 collection.By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HKSize 44. 70% cotton. 25% rayon. 5% polyester.Category
Early 2000s French Blousons
- Chanel White Short Sleeves Knitted Cotton CardiganBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel white short sleeves knitted cotton cardigan from spring 1996 collection. - Black and white “CC” button closure. - Two front pockets. - Size 44. - 100% cotton.Category
1990s French Cardigans
- Chanel Green and Purple Cashmere SweaterBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel green and purple cashmere pullover sweater from 2007 A/W Collection. Featuring a patch in some signature Chanel camellia flowers hardware, beautiful sequins, embroidered th...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Pullovers
- Fall 2003 Chanel Grey Wool and Cashmere High Neck Zippers Long CardiganBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel grey chunky wool, mohair and cashmere high neck zip closure long cardigan from 2003 Fall collection. Featuring black rhinestones "CC" two way zip closure in front, two fron...Category
Early 2000s French Cardigans$1,188 Sale Price52% Off
- 2008 Chanel Black Crochet Knit and Ruffle Bottom CardiganBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- This is a cardigan sweater by Chanel, from 2008 pre collection. This sweater features a black crochet knit in heart pattern and a horizontal stripe ruffle bottom. Featuring six sh...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Cardigans
- Chanel Colour Blocked Cashmere Pullover SweaterBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel colour blocked (white, pink, yellow, blue and grey) patterns pullover sweater from pre 2008 collection. - Featuring a number "5" with beads below the neckline. - Ma...Category
Early 2000s Pullovers
- Vintage CHANEL CC Logo Frills Brown Knitted Wool SweaterBy Chanel Boutique, ChanelLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage CHANEL CC Logo Frills Brown Knitted Wool Sweater Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Shoulder: 17.32 inches (44 cm) without stretching Sleeves:...Category
20th Century French Pullovers
- Vintage CHANEL Cashmere Knit Melon Green Pink Trim CC Logo Button TopBy ChanelLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage CHANEL Cashmere Knit Melon Green Pink Trim CC Logo Button Top Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Shoulder: 15.15 inches (38.5 cm) Sleeves: 8.6...Category
20th Century French Cardigans
- Chanel FW2017 Gabrielle Coco Chanel SweatshirtBy ChanelLocated in Oakland, CAThis is a Chanel FW 2017 Chanel print Sweatshirt in a medium weight white cotton. Logo printed front and small Chanel emblem on the back neck/shoulder area. The ribbing is 95% cotton...Category
2010s Italian Pullovers
- Chanel Blue PulloverBy ChanelLocated in Alford, MACotton knit pullover by Chanel in bright blue features a round, ribbed neckline with tab and two gold buttons, as well as short sleeves, dropped shoulders, and straight cut.Category
Late 20th Century Pullovers
- Chanel Cashmere Blend Textured Beaded Green Pullover 2010 Runway SweaterBy Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Portland, ORThis is a Pre-Fall 2010 Chanel pullover sweater top in a gorgeous green stretch cashmere blend. The sweater has a round neck and is accented with brick red beads. The collar, cuffs, ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Pullovers
- 1980s Chanel Black Scottish Cashmere Sweater with Thread Through Satin BowBy ChanelLocated in Toronto, Ontario1980s Chanel black long sleeve Scottish cashmere knit sweater. Round neck with short V opening and black satin pull through ribbon tie creating a keyhole detail at bust. Very versati...Category
1980s French Pullovers