- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld terry cloth robe, ss 1994
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel
More than a mere tastemaker, Karl Lagerfeld devoted himself to the continual pursuit of chic. “My life and my job,” the designer once said, “is to forget myself.” From his first collection at Chanel — after joining the brand in the early 1980s — he injected the venerable house with a frisson of modernity. Vintage Karl Lagerfeld designs for Chanel handbags, evening dresses, coats, jewelry and other clothing and accessories riffed on its iconography — tweed skirt suits, pearls, camellias — accenting a lexicon of Chanel-isms with tastes of the moment.
During his five-decade career as a designer for Chanel, Fendi, Chloé and many others, Lagerfeld was a quintessential chameleon, ever evolving to embody the times. An outsize, instantly recognizable personality — his ponytail powdered like an 18th-century viscount, his eyes perpetually shielded by dark glasses, wearing fistfuls of chunky silver jewels — Lagerfeld was, above all, an avatar of style.
Born in Hamburg (in 1933, ’35, or ’38 by varying accounts), Karl Lagerfeld packed his bags for Paris in 1954. His design for a coat won him the International Wool Secretariat and landed him a job with the celebrated couturier Pierre Balmain. He went on to become the designer of Jean Patou, eventually realizing that his seemingly endless ideas could fuel a career as a designer-for-hire. As such, Lagerfeld lent his vision to everyone from Loewe and Max Mara to Krizia and Charles Jourdan, nimbly moving among a diverse range of styles. It was an unprecedented way of working in the days when freelance was still a dirty word. During the late ’60s and ’70s, he refashioned Chloé to reflect the free spirit of the day and, beginning in 1965, joined forces with the Fendi family, taking it from sleepy furrier to fashion’s haute-est stratum.
Because of his track record for reviving and reimagining brands that had grown stagnant, in 1984 Lagerfeld was handed the reins at Chanel, which had been gathering dust since its founder’s heyday. Lagerfeld’s collections for the brand displayed his knack for synthesizing old and new, high and low. From Watteau (Spring/Summer 1985 couture) and Serge Roche (Spring/Summer 1990 ready-to-wear) to hip-hop fly girls (Fall/Winter 1991 ready-to-wear), surfers (Spring/Summer 2003 ready-to-wear) and ancient Egypt (Pre-Fall 2019), Lagerfeld used each season’s inspiration to conceive Chanel’s signatures anew. And despite producing eight collections a year for Chanel, as well as four to five for Fendi, Lagerfeld never faltered in proposing new ideas each time he put pencil to paper.
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld cream full-length fantasy faux fur coat, fw 2010By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel cream full-length fantasy faux fur coat ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Glass stone buttons by Gripoix Paris ▪ High neck ▪ Oversized fit ▪ 53% Modacrylic, 36% Polyester, 11...Category
2010s French Coats and Outerwear
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld pink rose print quilted playsuit and coat set, c 1994By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel pink rose printed playsuit and coat set ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Diamond quilted finish ▪ Pinafore playsuit ▪ Oversized jacket ▪ Detachable hood ▪ Mirrored 'CC' but...Category
1990s French Coats and Outerwear
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld brown tweed pleated coat, skirt and hat set, fw 1998By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel brown tweed wool tweed coat, skirt and hat set ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Pleated jacket with spread collar and hook fastenings ▪ Belt with brass-tone caps to each end ...Category
1990s French Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld cream mohair wool coat and dress ensemble, fw 1998By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel cream mohair wool coat and dress ensemble ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Oversized open-front coat with matching belt ▪ Large notched lapels ▪ Built-in shoulder pads ▪ ...Category
1990s French Coats and Outerwear
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld metallic blue cotton jacket and pants set, ss 2002By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel jacket and pants set ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Blue cotton with metallic silver coating ▪ Silver hardware with 'CC' engravings ▪ Zip-up pockets ▪ Orange 'CC' embroid...Category
Early 2000s Italian Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld grey patchwork silk trained evening skirt, ss 1999By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel grey patchwork evening skirt ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ 100% Silk ▪ Pin-tucked design ▪ Ruched back seam ▪ FR 36 - UK 8 - US 4 ▪ Spring-Summer 1999Category
1990s French Skirts
- Chanel Cruise 2001 Tweed CoatBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in London, GBA Chanel tweed coat in ochre and cream checks, from their 2001 Cruise collection designed by Karl Lagerfeld. The coat features a standard collar and a zip finishing at the hips, leav...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Coats
- F/W 1994 Chanel Documented Runway Black & White Faux Fur Cropped JacketBy Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Yukon, OKDESIGNER: F/W 1994 Chanel runway CONDITION: Good- No holes or stains! FABRIC: faux fur COUNTRY MADE: France SIZE: 38 MEASUREMENTS; provided as a courtesy only- not a guarantee of fi...Category
1990s French Coats
- F/W 2008 Chanel Runway Black Metallic Tweed Shearling Coat JacketBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Yukon, OKDESIGNER: F/W 2008 Chanel Runway Please contact us for more images and/or information. CONDITION: Good- Feels hardly worn if at all but there is one pulled thread inside at the hem...Category
Early 2000s French Coats
- Chanel By Karl Lagerfeld Corduroy Puffer JacketBy Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Los Angeles, CAChanel by Karl Lagerfeld Jacket Made in France Navy blue corduroy Quilted detailing "Puffer" like style Four small pockets on front of jacket with invisible zippers Rib knit col...Category
Late 20th Century French Coats and Outerwear
- Chanel Quilted Leather Hooded Parka (1990’s)By Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Los Angeles, CAVintage Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld Parka Coat Vintage Circa early 1990's Made in France Oversize fit Black Lambskin Quilted stitch detailing Zipper down front of coat Snap closure...Category
1990s French Hooded Jackets$4,646 Sale Price25% Off
- CHANEL 1997 Pink Multicolored Coat / Blazer by Karl Lagerfeld in Tweed LookBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Arnsberg, NWCHANEL 1997. Spring. Luxurious pink multicolored coat / blazer from Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld - in a classic tweed look. Featuring clear acrylic buttons that have gold CC logo, and ...Category
1990s French Jackets
Recently ViewedView More
How the Chanel Jacket Forever Changed What Women Wear
The classic tweed garment has been a wardrobe staple of chic women around the world since the 1950s.
Remembering Fashion Designer, Collector and Supreme Tastemaker Karl Lagerfeld
The creative force behind brands like Chanel, Fendi and Chloé was as exacting in his interiors as he was in his clothing designs.