- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Sequin Petite Malle Clutch
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Scottsdale, AZ
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Designer
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- Louis Vuitton Quilted ClutchBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis Limited Louis Vuitton Monogram Clutch is every Louis lovers dream! A beautiful black satin exterior with gold monogram details and gold hardware make this the perfect pop of gla...Category
2010s Italian Clutches
- Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Tassel Silk Black ClutchBy Bottega VenetaLocated in Scottsdale, AZElevate your evening look with this Bottega clutch! Circa 1980s, this clutch is crafted from black silk and features Bottega's signature woven pattern. Clutch includes a free hanging...Category
1980s Italian Clutches
- Gucci Velveteen Monogram Bag, 1970sBy GucciLocated in Scottsdale, AZThe classic Gucci monogram bag! Black and brown monogram all over print on velveteen fabric. Black leather piping and interior. “GG” gold metallic clasp- push from the top and bottom...Category
1970s Italian Structured Shoulder Bags
- Tom Ford Yves Saint Laurent FW 2001 ClutchBy Yves Saint Laurent, Tom FordLocated in Scottsdale, AZScore yourself some incredible Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent with our clutch from the Fall/Winter 2001 collection! Long rectangular black leather clutch with silver grommet details...Category
Early 2000s French Clutches
- Rare 1980s Fendi Snakeskin Crossbody BagBy FendiLocated in Scottsdale, AZIncredible 1980s Fendi snakeskin clutch handbag in grey and red with grey leather accents. Fully lined interior with zip pocket. Tuck in the long strap to wear as a clutch or wear as...Category
1980s Italian Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Pierre Cardin 1970s Monogram Suede ClutchBy Pierre CardinLocated in Scottsdale, AZEveryone needs a great vintage clutch in their collection! Circa 1970s, this Pierre Cardin dark mocha suede clutch features the recognizable Pierre Cardin monogram, gold hardware and...Category
1970s American Clutches
- Limited Edition:Brand New/Louis Vuitton Speaker Clutch in brown monogram canvasBy Louis VuittonLocated in Paris, IDFThe Speaker Clutch combines Virgil Abloh's love of music with allusions to Louis Vuitton's iconic trunk. This unique piece is crafted from Monogram canvas and detailed with the House...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Clutches
- Louis Vuitton Pochette from Neverfull Damier Ebene Pouch W/added chainBy Louis VuittonLocated in Freehold, NJAuthentic Pre-Owned Louis Vuitton Pochette from Neverfull Damier Ebene Pouch With added chain to use as a Crossbody RATING: B very good, well maintained, only slight signs of wea...Category
2010s Spanish Clutches
- Louis Vuitton Sobe Clutch Electric Epi Leather BurgundyBy Louis VuittonLocated in Palm Beach, FLCrafted handbag in a streamlined form with amaranth Electric Epi leather and a silver-toned LV emblem on the front. This clutch is both functional and elegant, making it ideal for nu...Category
2010s Italian Clutches
- UNWORN Louis Vuitton Extraordinaire Monogram Ostrich Pochette Lock ChainBy Louis VuittonLocated in Switzerland, CHExtremely Rare Louis Vuitton Pochette Produced Only For Selected Clients On Invitation Only Gorgeous Monogram Canvas & Ostrich Skin Pochette Jeweled LV Mini Lock Strap Details: ...Category
Early 2000s French Evening Bags and Minaudières
- Louis Vuitton Trunk Clutch MonogramBy Louis VuittonLocated in Flushing, NYLouis Vuitton Trunk Clutch Monogram All items are 100% Authentic. Condition: Brand New, Never Worn. Dimension: 7.9 x 4.7 x 2.2 inchesCategory
21st Century and Contemporary Clutches
- Louis Vuitton Trunk Clutch MonogramBy Louis VuittonLocated in Flushing, NYCondition: Brand New, Never Worn. This item comes with all the accessories. 7.9 x 4.7 x 2.2 inches M43596Category
21st Century and Contemporary Clutches
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.