- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Vintage Black Quilted Satin Crossbody Camera Bag
- DimensionsHeight: 4.5 in. (11.43 cm)Width: 7 in. (17.78 cm)Depth: 3 in. (7.62 cm)
- Place of OriginFrance
- Material NotesSatin
- ConditionGently used. Minimal wear of use on the internal lining. Please check the photos carefully and ask if you need to know more details or if you have any doubts.
- Seller LocationRome, IT
- Reference NumberSeller: SB-CCSATIN-XXPM3041stDibs: LU232210872992
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$54.93 Express Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 5-6 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Rome, Italy
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
About Chanel (Designer)
The first Chanel shop was opened in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, her designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz. Over the next six decades, Coco Chanel would become a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls.
However, Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a collarless jacket and fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel evening dresses, jackets and more at 1stDibs.
- By ChanelLocated in Rome, RomeChanel 'Jumbo' Timeless Classic Flap 2.55 Bag in black quilted leather. Period/Era: 2008-2009. It features doubl...Category
Early 2000s Crossbody Bags and Messenger BagsH 8 in. W 12 in. D 3.5 in.$5,232
- By ChanelLocated in Rome, RomeVintage Chanel Classic Camera bag with CC - CHANEL logo front stitching . Period/Era: 1990s. Ivory quilted lambs...Category
20th Century Crossbody Bags and Messenger BagsH 6.5 in. W 9 in. D 2.25 in.$1,744
- By ChanelLocated in Rome, Rome- Vintage Chanel Classic Camera bag with CC - CHANEL logo front stitching - Period/Era: 1989 to 1991 - Quilted l...Category
20th Century Crossbody Bags and Messenger BagsH 6.5 in. W 9 in. D 2.5 in.$3,567
- By ChanelLocated in Rome, RomeWe offer Certificate of Authenticity provided by Entrupy for this item at no further cost. Chanel medium quilte...Category
2010s Crossbody Bags and Messenger BagsH 5.5 in. W 10 in. D 3 in.$6,037
- By Emilio PucciLocated in Rome, RomeVintage Emilio Pucci crossbody shoulder bag crafted from black striped canvas with Emilio Pucci monogram pattern...Category
20th Century Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- By Louis VuittonLocated in Rome, RomeThis beautiful Bag will come with a Certificate of Authenticity provided by Entrupy leading International Fashio...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Crossbody Bags and Messenger BagsSize: Medium$919