Items Similar to Whiting & Davis Watercolor Dresden Mesh Evening Bag, 1920s View More
Whiting & Davis Watercolor Dresden Mesh Evening Bag, 1920s
Demure pointed fringe and an Impressionist watercolor print are the perfect counterpoint to a flapper dress unsafe to take home to mother. Just large enough for a credit card and some lipstick, because a nice girl kept her flask in her garter. Fine metal mesh handbag with pointed bottom fringe and peacock feather watercolor motif; goldtone top frame with chain handle and kiss clasp closure. Fully lined in satin; gathered interior side pocket. material: metal mesh, silk satin noteworthy: loosen dirt with baby toothbrush or compressed air repairs: original owner restitched lining where loose at frame condition: excellent exterior and good interior with age-appropriate fabric weakness and one stray mark on lining (see photos). measurements: height: 6 ½” from frame to bottom points width: 4” across top frame, 6” across bottom edge depth: flat jaw: opens to 4 ¼” chain drop: 6” label: Whiting & Davis
- DesignerWhiting & Davis Co.
- BrandWhiting & Davis Co.
- In the Style OfArt Deco
- Place of OriginUnited States
- Material NotesAbstractPocketSatinChainFringe
- Condition DetailsExcellent exterior and good interior with age-appropriate fabric weakness and one stray mark on lining (see photos)
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 6.5 in. x W 6 in.H 16.51 cm x W 15.24 cm
- Seller LocationPhoenix, AZ
- Seller Reference Number0618.10.071
- Reference NumberLU86434905573
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 1 day of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in Phoenix, AZ
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
Whiting & Davis Gold Mesh Beggar's Purse, 1930s
Whiting & Davis
1930s Evening Bags and Minaudières
An ingenious design that kept handbags dainty despite having decent capacity, beggar's bags had round accordion-hinged mouths that expanded for filling. Beyond cool engineering this ...
Denise Francelle Paris Tambour Embroidery Eveni...
Denise Francelle, Denise Francelle
1960s Evening Bags and Minaudières
Open into the 2010s, Denise Francelle was a regular Paris stop for Fashion Week attendees as well as icons like Grace Kelly and Rita Hayworth. In keeping with the store’s focus on lu...
Jolles Original Austrian Petit Point Tapestry E...
1930s Evening Bags and Minaudières
From the Victorian era through the 1930s, petit point and tapestry handbags enjoyed overwhelming popularity among the fashionable set, with the finest examples containing a minimum o...
Hermès Sac Cordelière White Patent Leather Enve...
1950s Top Handle Bags
Though it is almost 70 years old, this magnificent handbag is as lustrous and stylish as the day it was made in 1951. Best of all it is true, bright white and an ideal complement to ...