Wonderful handbag by Anne-Marie in the shape of a champagne bucket with ice and champagne bottle. The bag is covered in black suede with gold-plated brass hardware and bottle top. The realistic ice is made of rough cut chunks of lucite. The bucket has a label printed in gold paint that says "Champagne Reims France", and the bottle has a label that reads "Sec". Anne-Marie had a shop within the famous Hotel Meurice in Paris where she sold gloves, bags, perfume and "frivolities". She is best known for the wonderfully detailed, surrealist figural handbags that she designed and sold in the post-WWII era. These days, her handbags are very delicate and are better suited for display than for carrying. approximate measurements: 7.5" wide x 4" deep x 8" high (to top of ice), 10.75" high to top of handle Please contact us if you have any questions.
- In the Style OfSurrealist
- Place of originFrance
- ConditionGood. shows very well, the suede crocks (sheds or rubs off color) so it is really not good for carrying, some marks and wear to suede, yellowing to the ice, slight separation between the ice and the side of the bucket.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller locationChicago, IL
- Reference numberAU14032462184
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 9 hrs
Located in Chicago, IL
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like