Chanel Classic Quilted Lambskin Double Maxi Flap
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Scottsdale, AZ
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Galliera HoboBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis fashionable hobo style handbag is crafted of Louis Vuitton's signature monogram canvas in brown. It features a vachetta cowhide leather looping shoulder strap, piping, trim, and...Category
2010s American Hobo Bags
- Louis Vuitton Damier Azur Galleria PMBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis Louis Vuitton Galleria PM was made in the USA and it is crafted of the Louis Vuitton Damier Azur coated canvas exterior with leather trimming and gold-tone hardware features. It...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Hobo Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogram EPI Saint Michel Rose BallerineBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis chic handbag is crafted of Louis Vuitton monogram on toile canvas combined with a front flap of pink epi textured leather. The bag features silver hardware and a pink leather sh...Category
2010s Spanish Hobo Bags
- Saint Laurent YSL Teddy Drawstring Bucket BagBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis classic bucket shape is crafted of rich smooth lambskin in off white. The bag features a drawstring top and a chain shoulder strap with a leather shoulder strap. The top opens t...Category
2010s Italian Bucket Bags and Drawstring Bags
- Chanel Beige Mademoiselle East-West FlapBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZGo glam with this gorgeous Chanel Mademoiselle East-West Flap, crafted in beige diamond-quilted lambskin leather with contrast stitching, featuring a silver-tone chain link shoulder ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Structured Shoulder Bags
- Hermes Vintage Ostrich Leather Shoulder BagBy HermèsLocated in Oakland, CAA vintage Hermes bag in ostrich. Very rare in this material and style. The color is a tan/caramel. The bag is in good vintage condition. This is a...Category
1980s French Structured Shoulder Bags
- CHANEL 22 Mini Handbag Barbie Purple Gold Hardware Pre Fall 23BBy ChanelLocated in Delray Beach, FLThe New Chanel 22 Mini Hobo style bag As seen on Celebrities all around the world including K2 Pop star JENNIE, an icon whose fame whips up crowds and stirs ...Category
2010s Italian Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Hermes Nata Mini Della Cavalleria Epsom Crossbody Bag 2023By HermèsLocated in Delray Beach, FLNewly Created Hermes Della Cavalleria Mini Bag Brand new, 2023 B stamp If you love the Constance bag you will love this one too Elegant and inspiring , with the sophistication of a h...Category
2010s French Structured Shoulder Bags
- Hermès Evelyne 16 TPM Rose Texas Bag AMAZONE Limited Edition StrapBy HermèsLocated in Delray Beach, FLHermes Evelyne Tpm 16 About the Hermes Evelyne TPM Hermes Evelyne TPM (or Evelyne Mini) is a smaller version of the Hermes Evelyne bag, which is a popular crossbody style shoulder ba...Category
2010s French Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Hermes Constance 18 Mini Rouge de Coeur w MirrorBy HermèsLocated in Delray Beach, FLHERMES CONSTANCE BAG Size 18cm The mini size, the most popular size Rouge De Coeur Chevre Mysore leather Chevre leather, one of the most durable lea...Category
2010s French Structured Shoulder Bags
- Hermes Constance 18 Mini Jaune Bourgeon Yellow Chèvre PalladiumBy HermèsLocated in Delray Beach, FLHERMES CONSTANCE BAG Size 18cm The mini size, the most popular size Jaune Bourgeon Pretty new color A yellow with green undertones Because Chevre leather is one of the most durable leathers, it is highly sought after by collectors ABOUT THE CONSTANCE BAG: The Hermes Constance 18 handbag is a small luxury shoulder bag from the French fashion house, Hermes. It is named after the daughter of the company's founder, Hermes Dumas. The Constance bag is known for its sleek and sophisticated design, featuring a long shoulder strap and a signature "H" buckle closure. The Hermes Constance 18 handbag is smaller than the regular Constance bag, with dimensions of approximately 7.5 inches (length) x 6 inches (height) x 2.25 inches (depth). The Constance 18 is a highly sought-after bag due to its size, versatility, and timeless design. It is often seen on the arms of celebrities and fashion influencers, and its value has continued to increase over the years, making it a popular investment piece for collectors. Collection: U Hermes engraved on Hardware buckle H Palladium Hardware Brand new, never used Plastic on the Hardware Store fresh Comes ready for gift giving...Category
2010s French Structured Shoulder Bags
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery