- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Gucci Blue/Beige GG Supreme Canvas and Suede Small Dionysus Blooms Shoulder Bag
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 6.7 in (17 cm)Width: 3.55 in (9 cm)Length: 11.03 in (28 cm)
- Style:Small Dionysus Blooms (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin:Italy
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Good Overall in good condition with minor cracks on flap edges, snagging threads on side flap, slight darkening marks on few areas.
- Seller Location:Dubai, AE
- Reference Number:Seller: 7493211stDibs: LU1310118629292
Long before trend-bucking creative director Alessandro Michele brought his hallucinatory “Utopian Fantasy” campaign to Gucci, it was a modest Italian leather shop. Today, it’s an internationally renowned luxury house with an iconic logo, and vintage Gucci clothing, handbags and shoes are among high fashion's most covetable goods.
Guccio Gucci (1881–1953) admired the stylish suitcases he saw wealthy guests arrive with at the Savoy Hotel in London, where he worked as a bellhop. So, in 1921, after a stint at Franzi, a luggage company in his hometown of Florence, he opened a leather goods shop of his own.
At first, Gucci’s Florence business specialized in equestrian accessories. But as its reputation flourished, particularly among the English aristocracy, so too did its footprint. In 1938, he brought three of his sons — Aldo, Vasco and Rodolfo — into the business and expanded it to Rome and later Milan. In the mid-1930s, a League of Nations embargo against Italy pushed Gucci to experiment with alternatives to imported leather. Its woven hemp fabric from Naples, adorned with the brand’s signature diamond print, was a hit, especially among A-list celebrities. The material was first used on suitcases before finding enduring popularity on handbags. (No list of revered designer purses would be complete without Gucci.)
In the 1950s, Elizabeth Taylor carried one of Gucci’s bamboo-handled tote bags, another adaptation to material rationing. After Jackie Kennedy was seen sporting a slouchy Gucci tote in 1961, it was renamed for the First Lady. Then Grace Kelly, on a visit to the boutique in Milan, inspired Rodolfo Gucci to work with Italian illustrator and Gucci textile designer Vittorio Accornero on the Flora print in 1966. Taking cues from Sandro Botticelli’s Primavera, with its pattern of flora and insects, it was painted entirely by hand and featured no fewer than 37 colors.
In 1953, just 15 days after opening his first store on New York’s 5th Avenue, Guccio passed away at 72. The early 1970s saw store openings in Tokyo and Hong Kong, but by the late 1980s, Gucci was floundering. Rodolfo Gucci took charge in 1982, but family drama and lawsuits ensued. In 1993, Rodolfo’s son, Maurizio, transferred his shares in the company to Investcorp, ending the family’s involvement in Gucci. Dawn Mello, then-president of Bergdorf Goodman, joined as creative director in 1989. But it was Tom Ford, who took over as creative director in 1994, who ultimately revived the brand.
Ford’s racy ads, shot by photographers such as Mario Testino, stirred controversy. And his potent vision of sexed-up femininity — with “jewel-toned satin shirts unbuttoned to there,” as Vogue described his breakthrough 1995 runway show — was wildly successful. The new millennium brought new ownership — Pinault Printemps Redoute in 2004 — and a more toned-down vision from Frida Giannini, who became sole creative director in 2006. Alessandro Michele was named creative director in 2015, and the storied brand took a giant leap forward.
Find vintage Gucci clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Gucci Brown Animal Print Calf Hair and Leather Large New Jackie HoboBy GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This Gucci hobo will never fail you. Crafted from animal printed calf hair and leather in Italy, this gorgeous number has the signature bamboo closure with gold-tone hardware and ope...Category
2010s Italian Hobo Bags$1,042 Sale Price33% Off
- Gucci Light Brown Leather Medium Jockey HoboBy GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Crafted from quality leather, this spectacular hobo bowls us out with finesse. Its striking gold hardware, a comfortable strap, and sophisticated trims will amp up any outfit. It has studded leather corners and a zip-enclosed interior lined with nylon. This is the perfect everyday use bag...Category
2010s Italian Hobo Bags$687 Sale Price29% Off
- Gucci Beige/White GG Canvas and Leather Medium Horsebit Nail Dome SatchelBy GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This Gucci Horsebit Nail Dome satchel is simply breathtaking. Meticulously crafted from beige GG canvas and white leather, the bag delights not only with its appeal but structure as ...Category
2010s Italian Shoulder Bags$798 Sale Price27% Off
- Gucci Black Leather Medium Babouska Indy HoboBy GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Crafted from leather, this Gucci Babouska Indy hobo has a top with two bamboo-detailed tassels and a spacious fabric-lined interior. It also fea...Category
2010s Italian Hobo Bags$675 Sale Price26% Off
- Gucci Brown Leather Medium Web Horsebit Heritage HoboBy GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2On the hunt for a gorgeous new carryall? This brown leather Gucci hobo is your answer. Crafted in suede, it features leather details and a gold-tone horsebit accent at front. The top...Category
2010s Italian Hobo Bags
- Gucci Dark Blue Leather Crest Embellished Shoulder BagBy GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Well-structured and high on style, this shoulder bag from Gucci deserves to be yours. It has been crafted from dark blue leather and styled with dual handles, a shoulder strap as wel...Category
2010s Italian Shoulder Bags$728 Sale Price27% Off
- Gucci Black GG Marmont Matelasse Leather Mini BagBy GucciLocated in Chillerton, Isle of WightMatelasse chevron leather with a heart on the back. Antiqued gold-toned hardware. Double G. Gold-toned shoulder chain, drop 24'', fits invisibly inside the bag which doubles it up as a clutch bag. Foldover top with magnet snap fastener. Internal Gucci key chain...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Evening Bags and Minaudières
- Gucci Matisse Interlocking G Logo Beige Leather Clutch Shoulder BagBy GucciLocated in New York, NYGucci Matisse beige leather clutch/shoulder bag. It features a polished multicolor interlocking Gucci GG logo hardware on the front with a remo...Category
2010s Italian Shoulder Bags
- Gucci Ophidia GG Supreme Flora Canvas Top Handle Small Shoulder Camera BagBy GucciLocated in New York, NYGucci Ophidia small shoulder ladies camera bag featuring GG supreme multicolor floral canvas print with red leather trim and double GG gold tone logo hardware on the front. Comes wit...Category
2010s Italian Structured Shoulder Bags
- Gucci GG Marmont Matelasse Black Leather Mini Shoulder Bag 446744By GucciLocated in New York, NYThis small Gucci GG Marmont chain shoulder black leather bag has a softly structured shape and an oversized flap closure with Double G hardware. The sliding chain strap can be worn m...Category
2010s Italian Shoulder Bags
- Gucci Padlock GG Supreme Red Apple Canvas Small Shoulder Ladies HandbagBy GucciLocated in New York, NYGucci Padlock small shoulder bag featuring apple print GG supreme canvas with red leather trim. Comes with a half chain and half leather shoulder straps. Push snap flap closure. The ...Category
2010s Italian Structured Shoulder Bags
- New With Tags Gucci Extra Large Pink Leather Jackie O Gaga Bag $3595 Fall 2014By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VAGucci Brand New With Tags Fall 2014 $3595 A Rare Find New We are Gaga over the 'House of Gucci' movie and Gucci's 100th Birthday Stunning Soft Pink The "New" Extra Large Jackie O Bu...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Top Handle Bags$2,517 Sale Price29% Off
Recently ViewedView More
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery