- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Gucci Vintage Tom Ford Era Crocodile Constance Flap Bag
- DimensionsHeight: 5 in. (12.7 cm)Depth: 2 in. (5.08 cm)Length: 8.25 in. (20.96 cm)
- Place of OriginItaly
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Excellent and beautiful vintage condition. Very gently pre owned, Minor scratches on hardware.
- Seller LocationFort Lauderdale, FL
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU2311213854462
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Tom Ford for Gucci
At the time, the internationally renowned Italian label was better known for leather goods than luxury fashion. It was also nearly bankrupt. After creative director Dawn Mello left in 1994, following a Bahrain-based investment group becoming Gucci’s majority shareholder, Ford was named creative director. The American designer soon infused the brand with a fresh sensuality and bold style.
Ford's potent vision of sexed-up femininity spanned everything from shirts to shoes to other accessories at Gucci — he reimagined the house's iconic double-ring-and-bar Horsebit hardware, a reference to the brand’s equestrian history, as a seductive low-slung belt, worn by Madonna when accepting an MTV video music award in 1995. For his fall show during that year, in which Kate Moss walked down the runway in an unbuttoned satin shirt, velvet hip-huggers and tousled hair, heralded an exciting, glammed-up era for the once fusty brand. Vogue critic Sarah Mower called it “one of those hitting-in-the-solar-plexus moments.”
As Ford shot to fame, he continued to explore plunging necklines, such as in the black and white looks of the Fall 1996 collection, and sumptuous fabrics like leather and tweed, with the Fall 2000 ready-to-wear collection ranging from sultry silk evening dresses to plush belted coats.
Ford also cranked up the seduction in the provocative ads for Gucci, particularly with regard to campaigns for Yves Saint Laurent, which the fashion house acquired in 1999 (Ford was also named creative director for YSL and designed the brand’s ready-to-wear collection). Gucci's Fall/Winter 1997 campaign featured Carolyn Murphy grasping Angela Lindvall in what looked like a video still; in another shot, a face pressed against a foot in a lipstick-red heel. Each promoted a vision of modern fashion where women were sexually confident, the materials were luxurious and the styles were fearless.
In 2004, Ford and Gucci president Domenico De Sole left the company after failing to agree on the renewal of their contracts. In 2006, with De Sole as chairman, Ford launched his wildly successful eponymous menswear label. Today Ford is also an author, film director and chairman of the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
- Gucci Guccissima Gray Leather Indy Top Handle Crossbody Strap BagBy GucciLocated in Fort Lauderdale, FLThe ultimate in handbag making luxury craftsmanship. The Iconic House of Gucci always provides us with timeless and classic pieces. The edgy bag takes timeless creation to a new leve...Category
2010s Italian Shoulder Bags
- Judith Leiber Vintage Silk Crystals Flap 2-Way Clutch Shoulder Tassel BagBy Judith LeiberLocated in Fort Lauderdale, FLThe ultimate in handbag making luxury craftsmanship. The Iconic House of Judith Leiber always provides us with timeless and classic pieces. This beautiful bag takes timeless creation...Category
1990s Italian Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Vanilla Epi Nocturne GM Bag, Compact Wallet and Make Up Bag SetBy Louis VuittonLocated in Fort Lauderdale, FLThe ultimate in handbag making luxury craftsmanship. The Iconic House of Louis Vuitton always provides us with timeless and classic pieces. This beautiful bag takes timeless creation...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags$2,280 Sale Price20% Off
- Gucci Vintage Rare GG Monogram Suitcase Travel LuggageBy GucciLocated in Fort Lauderdale, FLThe classic stylish Gucci luggage is crafted of signature GG monogram on canvas. Extremely rare vintage luggage from the 1970's. The bag features leather trim, rolled leather top han...Category
1970s Italian Suitcases and Trunks
- New Gucci Limited Edition Bambi Fawn and Flowers SweaterBy GucciLocated in Fort Lauderdale, FLFabulous designs evoking childhood memories are often incorporated into the Gucci collection. Limited edition collector's piece! A fawn is shown on the front of this oversize sweatsh...Category
2010s Italian Sweaters
- Louis Vuitton Vintage Green Taiga Leather Suitcase 53cmBy Louis VuittonLocated in Fort Lauderdale, FLThe vintage Louis Vuitton Satellite Taiga Leather carry on is crafted from hunter green leather, features a single rolled leather handle, cowhide leather trim, buckle straps and aged...Category
1990s French Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags
You May Also Like
1990s Italian Shoulder Bags
Early 2000s Italian Evening Bags and Minaudières
Early 2000s Italian Clutches
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoulder Bags
1990s Italian Bucket Bags and Drawstring Bags
Early 2000s Italian Structured Shoulder Bags
Early 2000s Italian Top Handle Bags
1990s Italian Top Handle Bags
1990s Italian Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
1990s Italian Hobo Bags
Recently ViewedView More
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery