- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Monogram Cerises Murkami Pochette Bag, 2005.
- DimensionsHeight: 6 in (15.24 cm)Depth: 1 in (2.54 cm)Length: 9 in (22.86 cm)
- Place of Origin
- Material NotesCanvas Leather, Gold Plated Hardware, Vachetta
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationBanner Elk, NC
- Reference NumberSeller: CHIS0721/245-MYWMX1stDibs: LU1912212985772
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Banner Elk, NC
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- Louis Vuitton x Stephen Sprouse Limited Edition Rouge Leopard Zippy Wallet, 2010By Louis VuittonLocated in Banner Elk, NCLouis Vuitton x Stephen Sprouse Limited Edition Rouge Fauviste & Corail Monogram Leopard Zippy Wallet, 2010. In 2008, the iconic fashion house Louis Vuitton creative director Marc Ja...Category
Early 2000s French Wallets
- Louis Vuitton x Murakami Limited Edition Monogram Multicolor Porte Tresor WalletBy Takashi Murakami, Louis VuittonLocated in Banner Elk, NCLouis Vuitton x Murakami Limited Edition Monogram Multicolor Porte Tresor Wallet, 2003. This highly sought after piece of Louis Vuitton history became a worldwide phenomenon when Jap...Category
Early 2000s French Wallets
- Louis Vuitton x Murakami Limited Edition Monogram Multicolor Insolite WalletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Banner Elk, NCLouis Vuitton x Murakami Limited Edition Monogram Multicolor Insolite Wallet, 2003. This incredibly rare and highly sought after piece of Louis Vuitton history became a worldwide phe...Category
Early 2000s French Wallets
- Louis Vuitton x Murakami Limited Edition Monogram Multicolor Boulogne Bag, 2004By Louis Vuitton, Takashi MurakamiLocated in Banner Elk, NCLouis Vuitton x Murakami Limited Edition Monogram Multicolor Boulogne Crossbody Bag, 2004. This incredibly rare and highly sought after piece of Louis Vuitton history became a worldw...Category
Early 2000s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton x Murakami Limited Edition Monogram Multicolor Pochette Bag, 2003By Takashi Murakami, Louis VuittonLocated in Banner Elk, NCLouis Vuitton x Murakami Limited Edition Monogram Black Multicolor Pochette Bag, 2003. This incredibly rare and highly sought after piece of Louis Vuitton history became a worldwide ...Category
Early 2000s French Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Matte Vanilla Alligator City Steamer MM Bag, 2015.By Louis VuittonLocated in Banner Elk, NCLouis Vuitton Limited Edition Matte Vanilla Alligator Top Handle City Steamer MM Bag, 2015. This steamer bag is a classic Louis Vuitton closet staple which was first introduced and ...Category
2010s French Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Black/Beige Monogram Empreinte leather Pochette Mini AccessoiresBy Louis VuittonLocated in Nicosia, CYAccented with a golden chain and gleaming hardware, this elegant little pouch can be carried on its own or attached to a larger bag. Zip closure. Chain: Non-removable. Chain Drop: ...Category
2010s Pouches and Wristlets
- LOUIS VUITTON White & Gold Stretched Epi Leather Delmonico PochetteBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLOUIS VUITTON White & Gold Stretched Epi Leather Delmonico Pochette Xupes Reference: CB568 Serial Number: FL 0063 Age (Circa): 2003 Accompanied By: Louis Vuitton Dust Bag, Receipt ...Category
Early 2000s French Pouches and Wristlets$741Free Shipping
- Louis Vuitton Limited Edition White Multicolor Monogram Mink Waist Belt BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Chicago, ILPre-Owned Condition From 2006 Collection Mink Python Trim Gold Tone Hardware Includes Dust Bag And Box 100% Authenticity GuaranteedCategory
21st Century and Contemporary French Belt Bags$74,943 Sale Price25% OffFree Shipping
- 2018 Fendi Black Zucca Mesh & Suede Belt BagBy FendiLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireFENDI Black Zucca Mesh & Suede Belt Bag Xupes Reference: HB3547 Serial Number: 05737275 Age (Circa): 2018 Accompanied By: Tag Authenticity Details: Serial Stamp (Made in Italy) Gend...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Belt Bags$1,025Free Shipping
- Gucci Brown Leather Red Green Stripe 2 in 1 Shoulder Fanny Pack Waist Flap BagBy GucciLocated in Chicago, ILGucci Brown Leather Red Green Stripe 2 in 1 Shoulder Fanny Pack Flap Belt Waist Bag Leather Fabric Leather lining Gold tone hardware Turnlock closure Made in Italy Total strap lengt...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Belt Bags$1,620 Sale Price20% Off
- Prada Wallet on Chain Blue Vitello Move LongBy PradaLocated in Scottsdale, AZSnag this Prada wallet on a chain today in the most beautiful color! This color is bound to make you happy when wearing it! These style of bags are ultra-versatile as it can be taken...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Wallets
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.