- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Lockme Pink Shoulder Bag
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Torre Del Greco, Italy
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- 2009 Louis Vuitton Galliera GM Monogram Shoulder BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton bag, Galliera model, size GM, made of monogram canvas and golden hardware. It has a magnetic button closure. The interior is lined with beige alcantara and is equippe...Category
Early 2000s Hobo Bags
- Louis Vuitton Green Vernice Conte De Fees Pochette Frog L.E.By Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITClutch bag signed Louis Vuitton, Conte De Fees Frog, limited edition, made in green patent leather with cowhide inserts and golden hardware. Equipped with a zip closure on the back, ...Category
Early 2000s French Novelty Bags
- Louis Vuitton Sofia Trunk WhiteBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton satchel bag, model Sofia, size 30, made of smooth white leather with silver hardware. Equipped with a zip closure, internally lined in gray suede, very roomy. Equippe...Category
2010s Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Besace Shoulder Bag Beige WhiteBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton signed bag, limited edition, besace model made of sand-colored monogram print fabric. On the front it has a pocket with uncle closure, and hand-made floral details. E...Category
2010s Structured Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton GO 14 MM Twist Shoulder Bag BlackBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton bag, Twist line, made of black quilted leather with silver hardware. Equipped with a flap with interlocking LV logo closure, internally lined in black leather, roomy f...Category
2010s Structured Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton White Leather Suhali le Fabuleaux BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITThis elegant Louis Vuitton bag is made of white goat leather and gold tone metallic finishes. Its exterior is embellished with golden studs, protective metal corners and an “S” snap ...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Fuchsia Epi Leather Twist MM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Crafted from Epi leather, this LV bag features a structured design with a sleek strap that can be used as a crossbody or hung on the shoulder. While the pink shade elevates its beaut...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Limited edition fucsia Monogram Scuba Shoulder bagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Capri, ITLouis Vuitton Limited edition fucsia Monogram Scuba Shoulder bag This vibrant Louis Vuitton Fuchsia Monogram Neoprene Scuba MM Bag is one of their newest creations and has style and ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Ultra Limited Pink Monogram Crafty NeoNoe 112lv17By Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: FK 2241 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 10" Width: 6.5" Height: 10" Shoulder Handle Drop: 13" OVERALL NEW CONDITION ( 10/10 or N ) Accessories: D...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Structured Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Pink Monogram Vernis Pochette Felicie Chain Flap CrossbodyBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: TJ4126 Made In: France Measurements: Length: 8.4" Width: 1" Height: 4.5" Shoulder Handle Drop: 22" OVERALL GOOD CONDITION ( 7/10 or B ) No inserts Acc...Category
20th Century Structured Shoulder Bags
- New in Box Louis Vuitton Easter Limited Edition Pink Felicie BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in West Hollywood, CABrand new in box Louis Vuitton limited edition felicie cross body pink epi leather with applique' designs. Detachable interior credit card holder and zipped pouchette. Comes with dus...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton NeoNoe Handbag Epi Leather MMBy Louis VuittonLocated in NY, NYCondition: Great. Slight odor in interior. Minor wear, darkening and scuffs on exterior and strap, light indentations on base. Small marks on handle and in interior, scratches on har...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Bucket Bags and Drawstring Bags
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.