- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Prada Black Floral & Lipstick Print Leather Séverine Bag
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
The House of Savoy coat of arms and knotted rope on Prada’s seal herald that the iconic Italian luxury fashion house was named Official Supplier to the Italian Royal Household in 1919. Started in 1913 by Mario Prada, the brand’s original shop in Milan’s Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II still has the mahogany shelves that displayed its early wares such as travel items and handbags. Today, these fine leather goods are joined by the clothing, wallets and other various accessories that keep the brand on the cutting edge of fashion.
When Mario Prada’s granddaughter, Miuccia Prada (b. 1949), inherited the business from her mother in the late 1970s, Prada was recognized for its quality craftsmanship, yet it was still a modest-sized company. Miuccia, an enthusiast of unconventional Italian filmmakers who’d earned a Ph.D. in political science, introduced the concept of using pocone — a military-grade water-resistant nylon that feels like silk.
Nylon revolutionized the fashion house’s business, with the first Prada nylon backpack released to universal acclaim in 1984. Soon the durable, water-resistant material was incorporated into Prada’s ready-to-wear collections for both men and women. No one had previously considered nylon a part of luxury fashion, and it wasn’t long before the family-owned company best known for its luggage was leading modern style that emphasized function as much as form.
Characterized by clean lines and a refined elegance that signaled the new direction of the legacy brand, Miuccia Prada debuted her first ready-to-wear collection for women in Fall/Winter 1988. More inventive fashion would follow in the ensuing years, such as the 1993 launch of the more affordable, more playful Miu Miu line, which was aimed at a younger audience, and the introduction of Prada Sport in 1997 — a collection now widely seen as prescient for its embrace of athleisure.
Prada has regularly gone against the grain to elevate styles that have long been out of fashion. In 1996, there were dresses and skirts in clashing patterns and muted earth tones that seemed flat and outdated, all worn with chunky high wedge sandals. Fanny packs followed three years later, and elaborate lace in 2008. Each season continues to bring new eye-catching innovations for the historic brand, including enhanced attention to sustainability with Prada Re-Nylon, a new line of bags created from recycled ocean plastic.
Today, find a wide variety of vintage Prada evening dresses, bags and other items on 1stDibs.
- Prada Black & White Logo Raffia ToteBy PradaLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Prada Black & White Logo Raffia Tote SKU: 120723 MSRP: 1650.00 Condition: Pre-owned Handbag Condition: Excellent Condition Comments: Excellent Condition. No visible s...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Black Quilted Patent Leather New Medium Boy BagBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Chanel Black Quilted Patent Leather New Medium Boy Bag SKU: 121593 Condition: Pre-owned Handbag Condition: Very Good Condition Comments: Very Good Condition. Scuffing...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Evening Bags and Minaudières
- Chanel Vintage Black Quilted Lambskin Classic Medium Double FlapBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Chanel Vintage Black Quilted Lambskin Classic Medium Double Flap SKU: 118164 MSRP: 8800.00 Condition: Pre-owned (3000) Handbag Condition: Very Good Condition Comments:...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Structured Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Paris-Édimbourg Burgundy Quilted Velvet & Tweed Old Medium Boy BagBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel Paris-Édimbourg Burgundy Quilted Velvet & Tweed Old Medium Boy Bag SKU: 112643 MSRP: Condition: Pre-owned (3000) Condition Description: Handbag Condition: Good Condition Co...Category
2010s Hobo Bags
- Fendi Black Nappa Leather Small Peekaboo ISeeU BagBy FendiLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Fendi Black Nappa Leather Small Peekaboo ISeeU Bag SKU: 120704 MSRP: 4800.00 Condition: Pre-owned Handbag Condition: Very Good Condition Comments: Very Good Condition...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Chanel Black & White Jersey and Houndstooth Boucle Single Flap BagBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel Black & White Jersey and Houndstooth Boucle Single Flap Bag SKU: 110336 Handbag Condition: Very Good Condition Comments: Very Good Condition. Scratching to hardware. Light m...Category
2010s Structured Shoulder Bags
- Prada Saffiano Medium Executive Tote Bag, Black (Nero), Double Zip Tote BagBy PradaLocated in New York, NYPrada Saffiano Lux Double-Zip Tote Bag, Black Boxy saffiano leather top handle bag with polished hardware and a removable crossbody strap. Double top handles Removable, adjustable sh...Category
2010s Italian Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Prada Large Camo Ruched Gaufre HandbagBy PradaLocated in Montreal, QuebecThis camo Gaufre Prada bag features leather trim, silver tone hardware, single interior wall pocket with zip closure, interior patch pockets and top magnetic snap closure. COLOR: ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoulder Bags
- Prada Square Quilted Navy Puffer Flap BagBy PradaLocated in Montreal, QuebecCOLOR: Navy blue MATERIAL: Nylon ITEM CODE: 25 MEASURES: H 7” x L 11” x D 3” DROP: 11.5” (both straps) DROP: 22” (single strap) COMES WITH: Dust bag and box, certificate from Real Au...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoulder Bags
- Prada Khaki Plastic Tortoise Chain Shoulder Hobo BagBy PradaLocated in Montreal, QuebecThis bag is made with khaki nylon and features a tortoise shell chain handle, top zip closure and one main compartment with additional zip pockets. COLOR: Green MATERIAL: Nylon ITEM...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Hobo Bags
- Alaïa Wool Handbag in BlackBy PradaLocated in Carnate, ITAlaïa Wool Handbag in Black Alaia bag. Wool with silver hardware. Details that create points of light. Nude leather interior. They have an internal pocket. Measures 24 cm in heig...Category
Late 20th Century Shoulder Bags
- Prada F/W 2004 Crocodile Jeweled Bag Limited EditionBy PradaLocated in Boca Raton, FLMuccia Prada, the visionary behind the Italian house of Prada, is known for her subversive approach to fashion. Describing her creative process as “always trying to go against the ru...Category
Early 2000s Italian Shoulder Bags