- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
2010 Hermès Black Box Calf Leather SO Black Kelly Cut
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Bishop's Stortford, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
For Hermès, what began as a maker of leather equestrian goods for European noblemen would eventually grow into one of the most storied fashion labels in the world. In 1837, German-born French entrepreneur Thierry Hermès opened a saddle and harness purveyor in Paris. Gradually, the house extended into accessories and luggage for its riders, and today, in paying homage to its origins, the family-run luxury brand resurfaces horse motifs in everything from clothing and modernist jewelry to pillows and handbags.
The first top-handled bag ever produced by Hermès was the Haut à courroies, which made its debut in 1892. A tall bag secured with a folded leather flap (fastened with bridle-inspired straps), it was designed to transport riding boots and a harness. As the world made the switch from horse to automobile, the bag adapted, becoming a multifunctional travel satchel instead of a designated saddlebag. Today, 120 years later, the HAC remains in Hermès’s line — and its distinctive flap and clasping straps have laid the groundwork for some of the house’s other iconic bags.
In the 1930s, Robert Dumas (son-in-law to Émile-Maurice Hermès, Thierry’s grandson) designed a smaller, trapezoidal take on the flap bag with a handle and two side straps. Later, actress Grace Kelly, then engaged to Prince Rainier of Monaco, is said to have used one of these bags to conceal her pregnancy during the 1950s. Because she was photographed constantly, the coverage catapulted her handbag to international popularity. In 1977, Hermès officially renamed the model for her, and the Kelly bag was born. Each Kelly bag takes between 18 and 25 hours to produce, and its 680 hand stitches owe solely to one Hermès artisan.
Robert Dumas was also responsible for another one of the brand’s most iconic offerings: the launch of its first silk scarf on the occasion of Hermès’s 100th anniversary in 1937. Based on a woodblock designed by Dumas and printed on Chinese silk, the accessory was an immediate hit.
Today, vintage Hermès scarves, typically adorned in rich colors and elaborate patterns, serve many functions, just as they did back then. Well-heeled women wear it on their heads, around their necks and, in a genius piece of cross-promotion, tied to the straps of their Hermès bags. Kelly even once used one as a sling for her broken arm.
In 1981, Robert Dumas’s son Jean-Louis Dumas, then Hermès chairman, found himself sitting next to French actress and musician Jane Birkin on a plane, where she was complaining about finding a suitable carryall for the necessary accoutrements of motherhood. After the two travelers were properly introduced, Birkin helped design Jean-Louis’s most famous contribution to the Hermès canon: the Birkin bag, a roomy, square catchall with the HAC’s trademark leather flap top and the addition of a lock and key. Owing to the brand’s legendary commitment to deft, handcrafted construction, the Birkin is an investment that is coveted by collectors everywhere.
While the Kelly and Birkin may be standouts, gracing the arms of everyone from royal heiresses to hip-hop stars in the past few decades, the handbags are but a small part of Hermès’s fashion offerings. Since the 1920s, the brand has produced some of the most desirable leather goods in the world. There’s the Constance bag, a favorite of Jacqueline Kennedy, the recently relaunched 1970s-era Evelyne and, on the vintage market, a slew of designs dating back to the 1920s.
- HERMÈS Black Niloticus Crocodile Leather Jige Elan 29By HermèsLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireHERMÈS Black Niloticus Crocodile Leather Jige Elan 29 Xupes Reference: CB592 Serial Number: X Age (Circa): 2016 Accompanied By: Hermès Dust Bag Authenticity Details: Date Stamp (Mad...Category
2010s French Clutches$16,176Free Shipping
- Hermès Black Swift Leather & Niloticus Lizard Leather Jige Elan 29By HermèsLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireHermès Black Swift Leather & Niloticus Lizard Leather Jige Elan 29 CONDITION NOTES The exterior is in excellent condition with light signs of use throughout. The interior is in exce...Category
2010s French Clutches$5,516Free Shipping
- 2015 Hermès Rose Sakura Tadelakt Leather EgeeBy HermèsLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireHERMÈS Rose Sakura Tadelakt Leather Egee Xupes Reference: HB3801 Serial Number: T Age (Circa): 2015 Accompanied By: Hermès Dust Bag, Protective Felt Authenticity Details: Date Sta...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Clutches$4,551Free Shipping
- Hermes Rouge Braise Lizard Leather & Silk Jige Elan 29By HermèsLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireHERMÈS Rouge Braise Lizard Leather & Silk Jige Elan 29 Xupes Reference: HB4154 Serial Number: [O] Age (Circa): 2011 Authenticity Details: Date Stamp (Made in France) Gender: Ladies ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Clutches$3,861Free Shipping
- Hermès Blue Jean Swift Leather Jige Elan 29By HermèsLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireHermès Blue Jean Swift Leather Jige Elan 29 CONDITION NOTES The exterior is in excellent condition with minimal signs of use. The interior is in excellent condition with minimal sig...Category
2010s French Clutches$3,760Free Shipping
- Hermès Cactus Epsom Leather Jige 29By HermèsLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireHermès Cactus Epsom Leather Jige 29 CONDITION NOTES The exterior is in excellent condition with minimal signs of use. The interior is in excellent condition with minimal signs of u...Category
2010s French Clutches$4,638Free Shipping
- Hermes Black Ostrich Kelly Pochette GoldBy HermèsLocated in Delray Beach, FLHermes Kelly Pochette Ostrich Black Gold Hardware Brand new fresh from store Purchased May 2022, Y Blacked out receipt included Plastic on hardware Hermes box , felt, tissue an...Category
2010s French Clutches
- Hermès Orange Epsom Kelly Pochette with Gold HardwareBy HermèsLocated in Palm Beach, FLThis authentic Hermès Orange Epsom Kelly Pochette is in pristine condition. A clutch version of the classic Kelly, it has a stable base allowing it to stand upright and easily carrie...Category
2010s French Top Handle Bags
- Hermès Blue Peacock Tadelakt Leather Tutti Frutti Hermail BagBy HermèsLocated in Paris, FRHermès Tutti Frutti Hermail bag in blue peacock tadelakt leather and green apple patch in crocodile. Spring-Summer 2006 collection. Snap closure. The interior has a large flat pock...Category
Early 2000s French Top Handle Bags
- Hermes Kelly Pochette Bag Blue Sapphire Lizard Clutch Palladium HardwareBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers an Hermes Kelly pochette bag featured in Bleu Saphir Lizard. This beautiful jewel toned Hermes clutch is fresh with Palladium hardware. Richly saturated this is a m...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Clutches
- Hermes Kelly Cut Bag Pink Rose Azalee Clutch Swift Palladium Hardware NewBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers a timeless Hermes Kelly Cut bag featured in Rose Azalee. This beautiful pink Kelly Cut clutch is perfect day to evening. Swift leather. Fresh with palladium hardw...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Clutches
- HERMES NEW Kelly Pochette Red Orange Poppy Alligator Exotic Top Handle ClutchBy HermèsLocated in Chicago, ILNew Condition From 2021 Collection Poppy Shiny Alligator Palladium Hardware Made in France Handle Drop 0.50" Measures 8.5" W x 5" H x 2.75" D Includes Original Hermes Dust bag and ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags$59,943 Sale Price25% OffFree Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.
How to Spot a Fake Hermès Birkin Bag
The iconic Birkin bag is much coveted — and often copied. Find out how to tell the real deal from a convincing fake. Of course, you don't have to worry about this on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.