- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Sofia Trunk White
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Torre Del Greco, Italy
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- 2009 Louis Vuitton Galliera GM Monogram Shoulder BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton bag, Galliera model, size GM, made of monogram canvas and golden hardware. It has a magnetic button closure. The interior is lined with beige alcantara and is equippe...Category
Early 2000s Hobo Bags
- Louis Vuitton White Leather Suhali le Fabuleaux BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITThis elegant Louis Vuitton bag is made of white goat leather and gold tone metallic finishes. Its exterior is embellished with golden studs, protective metal corners and an “S” snap ...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags
- 2005 Louis Vuitton Onatah Yellow SuedeBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton signed bag, Onatah model, size MM, made of yellow suede with brown leather inserts and golden hardware. Equipped with a zip closure, internally lined in gray canvas, q...Category
Early 2000s Structured Shoulder Bags
- 2010 Louis Vuitton Claudia Multicolor Bag Limited Edition Takashi MurakamiBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton bag, Claudia model, Takashi Murakami limited edition, made of white multicolor leather with cowhide inserts and golden hardware. Equipped with a zip closure, internall...Category
2010s Structured Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Boetie GM Monogram Shoulder BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton bag, Boetie model, GM size, made of brown monogram canvas with cowhide inserts. Equipped with an interlocking flap closure, internally lined in beige suede, very roomy...Category
2010s Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Croisette Marina Mini Lin Bag White and Pink CanvasBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton handbag, Croisette Marina model made of white Mini Lin fabric with pink stripes and leather inserts, with gold hardware. Equipped with a top zip closure and internal we...Category
Early 2000s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Special Order Oversize Large Men's Travel Weekend Duffle BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Chicago, ILMonogram canvas Leather trim Fabric lining Gold tone hardware Zipper closure Handle drop 6" Measures 32.5" W x 15" H x 4.75" D 100% authenticity guaranteed by NEWFOUND LUXURYCategory
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags$18,340 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Louis Vuitton white gold leather Shoulder Handle bagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Capri, ITLouis Vuitton white gold leather Shoulder Handle bag Limited edition by Vuitton in a white and gold tone leather worked as rattan on the front brand and cities name in orange measure...Category
1990s Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Purple Exotic Crocodile Brea HandbagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis is the most iconic and beautiful piece to add to your collection! A bag made to make a statement! This bag is vintage, made in 2001, and is perfect for the Louis Vuitton collect...Category
Early 2000s Italian Top Handle Bags
- Brand New Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 in Monogram canvas customized "Duck Hunting"!By Louis VuittonLocated in Paris, IDFBeautiful brand new Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 cm with strap in monogram canvas coated brown and natural leather, gold metal trim, double handle in natural leather allowing a handheld o...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Plat handbag in brown monogram canvas customized "Amy Forever"By Louis VuittonLocated in Paris, IDFThis time our artist and specialist of Street'Art presents his last work entitled "Amy Forever 27 Club" in homage to the immense artist that was Amy Winehouse on a bag Louis Vuitton ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Violet Vernis Leather & Vachetta Leather Roxbury DriveBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire"LOUIS VUITTON Violet Vernis Leather & Vachetta Leather Roxbury Drive Xupes Reference: CB462 Serial Number: SR4087 Age (Circa): 2007 Accompanied By: Louis Vuitton Dust Bag, Shoulder...Category
Early 2000s French Structured Shoulder Bags$948Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.