- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton x Murakami Limited Edition Monogram Multicolor Pochette Bag, 2003
- DimensionsHeight: 5 in (12.7 cm)Depth: 2 in (5.08 cm)Length: 9 in (22.86 cm)
- Place of Origin
- Material NotesLeather, Alcantara lining, Brass Hardware
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationBanner Elk, NC
- Reference NumberSeller: HA1221/235 - MYNE1stDibs: LU1912214449112
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Banner Elk, NC
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- Louis Vuitton x Murakami Limited Edition Monogram Multicolor Boulogne Bag, 2004By Takashi Murakami, Louis VuittonLocated in Banner Elk, NCLouis Vuitton x Murakami Limited Edition Monogram Multicolor Boulogne Crossbody Bag, 2004. This incredibly rare and highly sought after piece of Louis Vuitton history became a worldw...Category
Early 2000s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Takashi Murakami Cerises Speedy 25 Handbag, 2005.By Takashi Murakami, Louis VuittonLocated in Banner Elk, NCLouis Vuitton Limited Edition Takashi Murakami Cerises Speedy 25 Handbag, 2005. This incredibly rare and highly sought after piece of Louis Vuitton history became a worldwide phenome...Category
Early 2000s French Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Matte Vanilla Alligator City Steamer MM Bag, 2015.By Louis VuittonLocated in Banner Elk, NCLouis Vuitton Limited Edition Matte Vanilla Alligator Top Handle City Steamer MM Bag, 2015. This steamer bag is a classic Louis Vuitton closet staple which was first introduced and ...Category
2010s French Top Handle Bags
- Chanel Timeless Black Medium Classic Double Flap Quilted Lambskin Bag, 1991.By ChanelLocated in Banner Elk, NCChanel Timeless Black Medium Classic Double Flap Quilted Lambskin Bag, 1991 - 1994. The iconic Chanel bag was originally issued by Coco Chanel in February 1955 which became the very ...Category
1990s French Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Timeless Black Jumbo Single Flap Quilted Lambskin Shoulder Bag, 2008.By ChanelLocated in Banner Elk, NCChanel Timeless Black Jumbo Single Flap Quilted Lambskin Shoulder Bag, 2006 - 2008. The iconic Chanel bag was originally issued by Coco Chanel in February 1955 which became the very ...Category
Early 2000s French Shoulder Bags
- Fendi Brown and White Leopard Print Calf Hair Large Shoulder Peekaboo Tote BagBy FendiLocated in Banner Elk, NCFendi Brown and White Leopard Print Calf Hair Large Shoulder Peekaboo Tote Bag. This iconic and highly desirable "peekaboo" bag by premiere fashion house Fendi was hand crafted in It...Category
2010s Italian Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Murakami White Multicolor Monogram Judy PM BagBy Takashi Murakami, Louis VuittonLocated in Montreal, QuebecFrom the Takashi Murakami Collection. This style is made of white canvas with multicolour monogram. Featuring brass hardware, natural leather finishes, cut out handles, chain shoulde...Category
Early 2000s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Taurillon Capucines PM w/ Bandouliere HandbagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZAdd this limited edition beauty to your collection! Circa 2019 but originally introduced in 2013, this particular bag is named from the Rue des Capucines in Paris, where Louis Vuitto...Category
2010s French Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Plat handbag in Monogram canvas customized "Pink Panther III"By Louis VuittonLocated in Paris, IDFThis time our artist and Street'Art specialist presents his latest work entitled "Pink Panther III" on a Louis Vuitton Plat bag in Monogram canvas and natural leather. Dimensions: 3...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags
- LOUIS VUITTON Speedy Bandouliere 30 Monogram Shoulder Hand Bag Added InsertBy Louis VuittonLocated in Freehold, NJPreowned 100% Authentic Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere 30 Monogram W/added insert to help keep its shape and organize RATING: B very good, well maintained, shows minor signs of w...Category
2010s American Hobo Bags
- 2009 Louis Vuitton Galliera GM Monogram Shoulder BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton bag, Galliera model, size GM, made of monogram canvas and golden hardware. It has a magnetic button closure. The interior is lined with beige alcantara and is equippe...Category
Early 2000s Hobo Bags
- Louis Vuitton Boetie GM Monogram Shoulder BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton bag, Boetie model, GM size, made of brown monogram canvas with cowhide inserts. Equipped with an interlocking flap closure, internally lined in beige suede, very roomy...Category
2010s Top Handle Bags
- Fireflies (1999). Screenprint. Limited Edition 26/100 by Yayoi Kusama (ABE 250)By Yayoi KusamaLocated in Hong Kong, HKYayoi Kusama Fireflies (1999). Edition 26/100 Screenprint [14 screens, 14 colors, 14 runs] 59.7 x 47.7 cm [23 ¹/₂ x 18 ²⁵/₃₂ in] (image) 76.3 x 56.8 cm [30 ³/₆₄ x 22 ²³/₆₄ in] (sh...Category
1990s Pop Art Abstract PrintsMaterials
- 123 Drumming GirlsBy Yoshitomo NaraLocated in Bristol, GBPlastic Open edition Figure 1: 15 x 7 x 5 cm, 5.9 x 2.8 x 2 in, Figure 2: 15 x 8 x 5 cm, 5.9 x 3.1 x 1.9 in, Figure 3: 14 x 5.5 x 5 cm, 5.5 x 2.1 x 1.9 in, (Figures), 19.5 x 30 x 8.2...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- Love-Dream, Love-Nothing #087 – Nobuyoshi Araki, Woman, Nude, Japan, PhotographyBy Nobuyoshi ArakiLocated in Zurich, CHNobuyoshi ARAKI (*1940, Japan) Love-Dream, Love-Nothing #087, 2018 gelatin silver print 50.8 x 60 cm (20 x 23 5/8 in.) Print only – Nobuyoshi Araki Nobuyoshi Araki (Tokyo, 1940) is ...Category
2010s Contemporary Nude PhotographyMaterials
Silver GelatinNobuyoshi ArakiLove-Dream, Love-Nothing #087 – Nobuyoshi Araki, Woman, Nude, Japan, Photography, 2018$7,384 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- 267 Arcadia, Milan – Hiroshi Sugimoto, Cinema, Photography, Black & WhiteBy Hiroshi SugimotoLocated in Zurich, CHHIROSHI SUGIMOTO (*1948, Japan) 267 Arcadia, Milan 1998 Gelatin silver print Image 119,4 x 149,2 cm (47 x 58 5/8 in.) Framed 152,4 x 182,2 x 7,6 cm (60 x 71 5/8 x 2 3/4 in.) Editi...Category
1990s Contemporary Black and White PhotographyMaterials
Silver Gelatin$340,824 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- RobotBy Nam June PaikLocated in London, GBMixed metal multiple with lightbulb, 1990, signed in black ink, dated, numbered from an edition of 91 unique works, published by Edition Mönchehaus-Museum, Goslar, Germany, height: 5...Category
1990s Modern Figurative SculpturesMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.