Moschino Cheap & Chic Black Patent Bag Blue Heart
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 5.5 in (13.97 cm)Width: 10.5 in (26.67 cm)Depth: 2.5 in (6.35 cm)
- Style:Contemporary (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin:Italy
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Los Angeles, CA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU2262212626042
The Moschino story begins in the early 1980s, when Franco Moschino (1950–94), a freelance magazine illustrator and Gianni Versace collaborator, founded a label in Italy whose ethos was all about having fun.
Moschino initially pursued a degree in painting at Milan Academy of Fine Arts during the late 1960s, turning to freelance illustration to help pay his way through school. He found inspiration in Pop art, Dadaism and bold graphics. During the 1970s, he began to work for Gianni Versace’s now-legendary house as a sketcher and freelanced as a clothing designer with other fashion labels. In 1983, encouraged by Versace, he launched his own extravagant and excessive couture collection.
Moschino’s expertly tailored, vibrant designs for casual wear and more, each adorned with loud, playful details, spoofed the chic high fashion of the day, and his close relationship with fine art — as well as his eye for innovation — welcomed comparisons to Elsa Schiaparelli over the years. The label’s work essentially mocked the industry even as its hand fed Moschino, with the founder emblazoning shirts with slogans such as “Good taste doesn’t exist” or embroidering jackets with the phrase “Waist of money,” while the theatrical shows were positioned with an undercurrent of critique. Today, the Metropolitan Museum of Art holds two vintage Moschino handbags in its collection: one shaped like a milk carton and the other an iron.
“Under all the surface witticisms, [Moschino] had a serious knack for running class pieces through a wringer of irony or Surrealism,” observed Vogue. “Chanel-isms were his favorite trope, though he also poked fun at Jean Paul Gaultier’s lingerie dressing and put out pasta bags in a parody of the Prada accessories craze.”
Accessories, jeans and the first men’s collection were presented at the Regal Palace in Milan in 1985, with his Moschino Jeans womenswear collection following in 1986. Then Moschino released Moschino for Women, its first fragrance, the next year in Europe. In 1988, long before brands had considered the concept of a spin-off, Moschino bowed its cheeky diffusion line for men and women, Moschino Cheap & Chic, during the shows in Milan. The label thrived, adding its first stores in Italy and campaigning for eco-friendly fur. Its retrospective-slash-fashion-show “X Years of Kaos” in the early 1990s benefited a children’s AIDS organization.
After Moschino’s untimely death at the age of 44 from AIDS complications, Rossella Jardini, his longtime friend and colleague, took the reins. She carried the torch for nearly 20 years, adding eyewear, watches and jewelry. American designer Jeremy Scott was named creative director in 2013.
Scott, who grew up on a farm and once unveiled a collection of evening dresses charred with burn marks, imbues all his work with a message of inclusion, be it his Fast Food collection in 2014 (hot dog dress included) or Moschino Barbie. “I don’t care if the critics don’t like me,” Scott told Vogue. “I want to be the people’s designer, like Diana was the people’s princess.”
Find vintage Moschino clothing on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Los Angeles, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Moschino Brown Fudge The Fashionistas Let Them Eat Cake BagBy MoschinoLocated in Los Angeles, CAMoschino redwall brown ivory dripping chocolate Ba Be retro cool using this vintage Moschino bag ! This iconic bag has been featured in several...Category
1990s Italian Top Handle Bags
- Moschino Navy Shopping Bag Backpack Silk Men's TieBy MoschinoLocated in Los Angeles, CAMoschino navy shopping bag backpack silk men's tie Have some fun around your neck wearing this vintage Moschino tie! unique images of a peace sign backpack, cow print backpack , heart backpack and a Moschino Shopping bag...Category
Early 2000s Italian Ties
- Dolce & Gabbana Purple Silk Satin Shift DressBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis easy to wear shift dress has unique gathers at the sleeves and a deep inverted pleat in the front. Banded bottom. Perfect for attending a day wedding or special event. Size 42 A...Category
2010s Italian Day Dresses
- Black Polished Leather Red Heart KeyChain VintageBy MoschinoLocated in Los Angeles, CABlack polished leather red heart keychain vintage Be retro cool using this vintage keychain by Moschino! Gold metal key holders. Outside has areas t...Category
1990s Italian Wallets
- Moschino White Heart Peace Sign HeadphonesBy MoschinoLocated in Los Angeles, CAMoschino white heart peace sign headphones Jazz up your listening using these vintage headphones by Moschino Cheap and Chic. Comes with original bo...Category
2010s Unknown Tech Accessories and Cases
- Hermes Rodeo MM Horse Bag Charm Rare Anemone New w/ BoxBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLGuarranteed authentic rare limited Hermes Rodeo MM Anemone Rodeo horse bag charm with Bleu Izmir tail and mane. Saddle and holder are Fauve. Skin is la...Category
2010s French Wallets and Small Accessories
- Hermès Intense Blue and Purple Epsom 30 cm Horseshoe BirkinBy HermèsLocated in Palm Beach, FLThis authentic Hermès Intense Blue and Purple Epsom 30 cm Horseshoe Birkin is in pristine unworn condition; the protective plastic is still intact on the hardware. Considered the ...Category
2010s French Top Handle Bags
- Hermès Limited Edition Kellygraphie Kelly 28 Sellier Letter E PHWBy HermèsLocated in Antwerp, BEHermès Limited Edition Kellygraphie Kelly 28 Sellier Letter E Palladium Hardware The Kellygraphie collection shows the masterful craftsmanship of Hermès. For the first time ever, mu...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags
- Carlo Zini Jewel bag size UniqueBy Carlo ZiniLocated in Gazzaniga (BG), ITTextile Purple color Real fox fur White inserts Wonderful swarovski crystals applications Silver colored leather handles Can be carried crossbody too Inte...Category
2010s Italian Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Blu Bowling HandbagBy Louis VuittonLocated in PARIS, FRLouis Vuitton blu handbag Very good condition, show some light signs of use and wear but nothing visible. A beautiful piece to add in your closet ! Bowling bag with two handstrap as...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Top Handle Bags
- Hermès Limited Edition Bleu Nuit & Violet Clémence Cosmos Haut à Courroies 50 BPBy HermèsLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Hermès Limited Edition Bleu Nuit & Violet Clémence Cosmos Haut à Courroies 50 BP SKU: 119851 Condition: Pre-owned (3000) Handbag Condition: Mint Condition Comments: Mi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Top Handle Bags
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery