- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Noisette Monogram Vernis Sarah Wallet
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 3.94 in (10 cm)Width: 0.79 in (2 cm)Length: 7.49 in (19 cm)
- Style:Sarah (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Well Used This item is in good condition aside from visible scuffs/color discolorations on the exterior leather and minor discolorations on the hardware.
- Seller Location:Dubai, AE
- Reference Number:Seller: 2919361stDibs: LU1310110346722
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
On 1stDibs, the unmistakable insignia can be found on both modern and vintage Louis Vuitton shoulder bags, suitcases, original 19th-century trunks, jackets and more.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Louis Vuitton Rubis Epi Leather Zippy WalletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This Louis Vuitton Zippy wallet is conveniently designed for everyday use. Crafted from the signature Epi leather, the wallet has a wide zip closure that opens to reveal multiple slo...Category
2010s Spanish Wallets$480 Sale Price21% Off
- Louis Vuitton Vert Olive Monogram Vernis Zippy WalletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This Louis Vuitton Zippy wallet is conveniently designed for everyday use. Crafted from Monogram Vernis, the wallet has a wide zip closure that opens to reveal multiple slots, leathe...Category
Early 2000s Spanish Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Dune Epi Leather Clery Pochette BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This beautiful Clery Pochette bag from the House of Louis Vuitton is perfect for anyone who loves versatility. It is crafted from Dune Epi leather on the exterior, with a matching LV...Category
2010s Italian Pouches and Wristlets
- Louis Vuitton Burgundy Leather Luggage Name TagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Make your luggage easy to spot and identify (while also looking uber-chic, of course!) thanks to Louis Vuitton's luggage tag - rendered in a subtle burgundy hue. Crafted from leather...Category
2010s French Wallets and Small Accessories
- Louis Vuitton Grey Suhali Leather Zip Around WalletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Made of Suhali leather, this zip-around wallet from Louis Vuitton is a classy choice. It opens elegantly to a smooth interior with ample space for your cards. This grey wallet is com...Category
2010s Spanish Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Kenyan Fawn Epi Leather Porte-Document Senateur ClutchBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2You can't look away from this Louis Vuitton Porte- Document Senateur clutch. Made from Kenyan fawn in epi leather on the exterior, it features gold-tone S-lock closure. Lined with le...Category
2010s French Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Vernis Mat Gold Sarah Porte Tresor Long Wallet 3LK0110By Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: th0044 Made In: France Measurements(inches): Length: 7.5 Width: 0.6 Height: 4.1 GOOD CONDITION (7/10 or B) Includes: Nothing Exterior: Some marks th...Category
20th Century Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Brown Sarah Tresor Porte Monogram Vernis Bronze Copper BifoldBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: TH0097 Made In: France Measurements: Length: 7" Width: 1" Height: 4" OVERALL GOOD- CONDITION ( 6.75/10 or B- ) Retail $905 Signs of Wear: Light ma...Category
20th Century Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Vintage Monogram Vernis Houston ToteBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZVernis monogram patent leather Louis Vuitton Houston tote with brass hardware, tan Vachetta leather trim, dual flat shoulder straps, beig...Category
1990s French Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Vintage Brown Leather Sarah Continental Long WalletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Rome, RomeLouis Vuitton 'Sarah' wallet, in brown color. Epi leather. Interior fully lined in leather. Flap with snap closure. 2 flat open pockets under the flap. 1 coin compartment with zip cl...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Spanish Wallets
- Louis Vuitton COQUELICOT EPI LEATHER TWIST COMPACT WALLETBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLouis Vuitton COQUELICOT EPI LEATHER TWIST COMPACT WALLET CONDITION NOTES The exterior is in excellent condition with minimal signs of use. The interior is in excellent condition wi...Category
2010s British Wallets$747Free Shipping
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Eclipse Zippy Wallet VerticalBy Louis VuittonLocated in Nicosia, CYMonogram Eclipse coated canvas Textile lining Cowhide finishes Silver metallic parts Twelve card slots Two additional slots for business cards A zipped pocket for coins A large gusse...Category
2010s Unknown Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Ivory Monogram Vernis Porte Tresor Sarah Wallet 1LM1026By Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: TH0076 Made In: France Measurements: Length: 8" Width: 1" Height: 5" OVERALL FAIR+ CONDITION ( 6.5/10 or BC ) Accessories: None Signs of Wear: Patent Lea...
- Louis Vuitton Bordeaux Monogram Vernis Mat Small Ring Agenda PM Diary CoverBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: CA0073 Made In: Spain Measurements: Length: 4" Width: .5" Height: 5.5" OVERALL GOOD CONDITION ( 7/10 or B ) Signs of Wear: Exterior Leather and Trim: S...Category
20th Century Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Vintage Black Epi Leather Long Continental Sarah WalletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Rome, RomeLouis Vuitton Vintage Black Epi Leather Long Continental Sarah Wallet. Flap with button closure. 2 open pockets under the flap. LV - LOUIS VUITTON logo embossed on the flap. Leather ...Category
1990s Spanish Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Portefeiulle Eugenie French Push-lock Wallet LV-W1020P-A002By Louis VuittonLocated in Downey, CAThe Louis Vuitton Eugenie koala wallet is perfect if you're seeking something sleek and compact with elegant gold detail. With many credit car...Category
2010s French Wallets
- 1970s Vintage LOUIS VUITTON Monogram Canvas Telephone BookBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bangkok, THThis vintage LOUIS VUITTON address telephone book is crafted of LOUIS VUITTON coated monogram canvas lined with pigskin leather. It comes with...Category
1970s French Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Sarah GM Damier Monogram Long Wallet LV-0930P-0003By Louis VuittonLocated in Downey, CALouis Vuitton Sarah GM Damier Monogram Long Wallet LV-0930P-0003 This Louis Vuitton Damier Checkered Monogram Canvas Sarah Wallet is the most elegant way to organize your essentials...Category
2010s Spanish Belt Bags
- Louis Vuitton Brown Men's Damier Chain Accordion WalletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Downey, CALouis Vuitton Brown Men's Damier Chain Accordion Wallet A classic Louis Vuitton Piece from the Men's Collection With a Brown Damier Canvas Exterior Design. Featuring a two button sn...Category
- Louis Vuitton Pebbled Strap Buckle Long Continental Wallet LV-W0930P-0414By Louis VuittonLocated in Downey, CA"Louis Vuitton Pebbled Strap Buckle Long Continental Wallet LV-W0930P-0414 This fabulous wallet from Louis Vuitton features pebbled red calfskin leather with red leather trim. The w...Category
2010s French Belt Bags
- Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Canvas Sarah Travel Wallet LV-0402N-0105By Louis VuittonLocated in Downey, CALouis Vuitton Damier Ebene Canvas Sarah Travel Wallet LV-0402N-0105 This Louis Vuitton Damier Canvas Sarah Wallet is the most elegant way to organize your essentials like your bills...Category
2010s French Belt Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Portefeiulle Marco Bifold LV-W1004P-A004By Louis VuittonLocated in Downey, CAThis Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Marco wallet is sleek and sophisticated. This wallet includes signature LV monogram canvas. Includes independent snapped pocket to keep change. It ...Category
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery