- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Red Epi Leather Jewelry Box
- DimensionsHeight: 3.15 in. (8 cm)Width: 3.15 in. (8 cm)Length: 5.91 in. (15 cm)
- StyleLouis Vuitton (In the Style Of)
- Place of OriginItaly
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Gently Used Exterior: Neglible marks Lining: Minor darkening Hardware: Discolorations on the hardware zip.
- Seller LocationDubai, AE
- Reference NumberSeller: 3271901stDibs: LU1310111249642
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$50 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-9 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About Louis Vuitton (Manufacturer)
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
On 1stDibs, the unmistakable insignia can be found on both modern and vintage Louis Vuitton shoulder bags, suitcases, original 19th-century trunks, jackets and more.
- By Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This Louis Vuitton Zippy wallet is conveniently designed for everyday use. Crafted from Monogram Vernis leather,...Category
2010s WalletsH 3.94 in. W 0.79 in. L 7.68 in.$500
- By Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2One of the most famous wallets by Louis Vuitton is Sarah. This one here comes made from monogram Vernis leather ...Category
2010s WalletsH 3.94 in. W 0.79 in. L 7.49 in.$339
- By Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Suave and stylish, this wallet from Louis Vuitton effortlessly fits in your cards and cash. Made from gold-hued ...Category
2010s WalletsH 4.34 in. W 0.4 in. L 7.49 in.$464
- By Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Akin to its iconic bags, accessories from Louis Vuitton are chic, stylish and utterly practical. This key holder...Category
2010s Wallets and Small Accessories
- By Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Crafted from Taurillon leather, this wallet features a delighting design. While the front LV elevates its beauty...Category
2010s WalletsH 4.34 in. W 0.99 in. L 7.88 in.$970