- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Red Black leather Louis Vuitton pocket agenda cover with debossed logo at front
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Irvine, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Canvas Geronimos Waist BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Irvine, CABrown Damier Ebene coated canvas Louis Vuitton Geronimos waist bag with gold-tone hardware, single adjustable waist strap with buckle closure, single pocket at exterior with snap clo...Category
20th Century Wallets
- Black Damier Geant canvas Louis Vuitton Acrobat waist belt bag with silver-toneBy Louis VuittonLocated in Irvine, CABlack Damier Geant canvas Louis Vuitton Acrobat waist belt bag with silver-tone hardware, adjustable black canvas waist strap, brown leather trim, single zip pocket at exterior front...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Belt Bags
- Louis Vuitton Brown Monogram Canvas Leather Pochette Gange Waist BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Irvine, CABrown and tan monogram coated canvas Louis Vuitton Pochette Gange bag with gold-tone hardware, tan vachetta leather trim, adjustable woven shoulder strap, slit pocket at front, brown...Category
20th Century Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Ring Agenda Cover Taiga Leather MM BlackBy Louis VuittonLocated in Irvine, CALouis Vuitton Ring Agenda Cover Taiga Leather MM Black Epi Leather Condition Details: Moderate indentations and wear in interior, scratches and slight tarnish on hardware. 45626MSC...Category
Mid-20th Century Pouches and Wristlets$298 Sale Price49% Off
- Louis Vuitton Selenga Pouch Taiga Leather BlackBy Louis VuittonLocated in Irvine, CALouis Vuitton Selenga Pouch Taiga Leather Black Taiga Leather Condition Details: Creasing on base and underneath flap, scuffs and wear on exterior and in interior, moderate wear and...Category
Mid-20th Century Pouches and Wristlets$397 Sale Price50% Off
- Louis Vuitton x Supreme Black Epi Leather Slender WalletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Irvine, CAMen's black Epi leather Louis Vuitton x Supreme Slender Wallet with black debossed logo at exterior, tonal leather interior, dual interior bill compartments, eight interior card slot...Category
20th Century Wallets and Small Accessories
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary French Wallets
Early 2000s French Wallets and Small Accessories
Early 2000s American Pouches and Wristlets
Early 2000s French Shoulder Bags
Early 2000s French Wallets
Early 2000s French Pouches and Wristlets
1970s French Pouches and Wristlets
1980s Unknown Wallets
1990s Unknown Wallets
21st Century and Contemporary Pouches and Wristlets
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery