Items Similar to Meiji Period Japanese Miniature Satsuma Vase View More
Meiji Period Japanese Miniature Satsuma Vase
This is an exquisite miniature Japanese Satsuma vase from the Meiji period (1868-1911). It is superbly decorated with various shaped figures in cartouches in front and on the reverse on a brocade patterned base. Two Foo dog handles are applied. It has excellent gold detail and very finely detailed enamelling. The vase is signed on the base. Satsuma-ware derives its name from the region of Satsuma, Japan where the style of porcelain and ceramic works originated. Measurements: tall 4 ¾”, diameter 2 ¾”.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1890
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsThis beautiful piece is over all in outstanding condition.
- DimensionsH 4.75 in. x Dm 2.75 in.H 12.07 cm x Dm 6.99 cm
- Diameter2.75 in. (6.99 cm)
- Seller LocationPoughkeepsie, NY
- Reference NumberLU3915313193231
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2018
Located in Poughkeepsie, NY
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
Meiji Period Japanese Satsuma Signed Miniature ...
Antique Late 19th Century Japanese Meiji Ceramics
This is an extremely rare miniature Japanese Satsuma miniature vase from the Meiji Period (1868-1911). It is superbly decorated with a finely detailed Japanese landscape in gold on b...
Meiji Japanese Large Bronze Floor Vase, Intrica...
Antique 19th Century Japanese Meiji Metalwork
This is a stunning Japanese bronze urn or vase with a highly raised and heavy casted design throughout with figural creatures, cranes and turtles. The fine details are magnificent. T...
Japanese Giant Imari Export Porcelain Bowl with...
Mid-20th Century Japanese Louis XVI Ceramics
This beautiful Imari porcelain centrepiece or jardinière is polychrome hand enameled with birds and flowers, set on a white background. The interior is fully decorated. This exquisit...
Early 20th Century Taisho Period '1912-1926' Ja...
Early 20th Century Japanese Taisho Metalwork
This beautiful baluster shaped bronze vase has a rich dark patina. The entire body is adorned with abundant foliage, blossoms and swallows in relief casting. Every flower is highligh...