Items Similar to Chinese Soapstone Carving of an Old Man View More
Chinese Soapstone Carving of an Old Man
Chinese carving in soapstone depicting an old man holding a fruit and a cane atop a rock formation. The piece was carved in the mid-20th century and is in great vintage condition with age-appropriate wear to the bottom of the base.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureMid-20th Century
- Materials and Techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 13 in. x Dm 6 in.H 33.02 cm x Dm 15.24 cm
- Diameter6 in. (15.24 cm)
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Seller Reference NumberG228 - 113122 - 1018
- Reference NumberLU889312468152
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.7 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2010
Located in New York, NY
More From This Seller
Pair of Chinese Export Pewter Monkey Sculptures...
Antique Late 19th Century Chinese Chinese Export Sculptures and Carvings
A pair of Chinese export monkey sculptures in pewter, produced circa late 19th century, obtained from the estate of Consuelo Vanderbilt, each depicted holding a peach of immortality,...
20th Century Chinese Soapstone Carving of a Bud...
Late 20th Century Chinese Sculptures
A 20th century sculpture of a Chinese mountain scene in soapstone with a wooden base titled, "The Boulder." Good condition with age appropriate wear. A crack to the base.
Japanese Edo Period Carved Wood Mask of Old Man...
Antique 1820s Japanese Edo Sculptures and Carvings
Japanese Edo period carved wood mask depicting Ko-Jo, an old man. The piece dates to circa 1820 and is in great condition. 15 inches long with the beard.
Antique Meiji Period Japanese Bronze of an Old ...
20th Century Japanese Sculptures
An antique Japanese bronze sculpture depicting an old man with walking staff. The piece dates from the Meiji period (1868-1912). 4608