Items Similar to Early 19th Century Brass Log Bin View More
Early 19th Century Brass Log Bin
Fine early 19th century hand-hammered brass pail having wrought iron handle with rat tail curled ends, the body with nicely beated surface, the base with later brass ball feet for sitting firmly (not rocking) on the hearth. Originally probably made as a cooking vessel, this is ideal either for firewood or as a planter.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1810
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition Detailsminor dents and wear, no longer waterproof and with later (added) ball feet.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor structural damages.
- DimensionsH 15.5 in. x Dm 22 in.H 39.37 cm x Dm 55.88 cm
- Diameter22 in. (55.88 cm)
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Reference Numberf798318111912750571fs
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity
Some items may require special handling and packaging. Request a shipping quote to see what options are available to your destination.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2004
Located in New York, NY
The Art and Antique Dealers League of America
Antiques Associations Members
More From This Seller
Very Fine English Copper Log Bin
Antique Mid-19th Century Georgian Fireplace Tools and Chimney Pots
Very fine 19th century English copper log bin, having rolled edge over finely beaten and slightly tapering sides, dovetail joined seam and hand riveted banding. Ideal for firewood or...
Fantastic Riveted Copper Early 19th Century Ove...
Antique Early 19th Century Fireplace Tools and Chimney Pots
A fantastic riveted copper oversize log bin having beautiful bronzed patina, England, early 19th century.
19th Century Copper Bucket
Antique 1860s European Country Fireplace Tools and Chimney Pots
Good 19th century copper pot with rolled lip, wrought iron handle, the dovetailed seam having brass solder, the whole with great scale and ideal size for firewood.
English Copper and Brass Log Holder
Antique 19th Century English Fireplace Tools and Chimney Pots
Good English 19th Century copper and brass log holder or planter having a rolled lip and hand hammered and riveted body, the lion masks and paw feet in brass, the whole with mellow p...