Items Similar to Pair of Regence Style Brass Andirons or Fire Dogs View More
Pair of Regence Style Brass Andirons or Fire Dogs
A pair of Regence style late 19th century baluster shaped brass French Chenet each decorated with acanthus wrapped urns with foliate detail and strap work over Dual splayed scrolled feet centred by a scallop shell. Andirons, or fire dogs, support the logs in a fireplace and were highly fashionable from the 19th century onwards, often even imported from France.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1860
- Materials and Techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor fading.
- DimensionsH 14.97 in. x W 7.88 in. x D 6.3 in.H 38 cm x W 20 cm x D 16 cm
- Seller LocationBerlin, DE
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference NumberLU102749060943
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2014
Located in Berlin, DE
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
Pair of 19th Century Napoleon III Chenets or An...
Antique Mid-19th Century French Napoleon III Fireplace Tools and Chimney...
A pair of 19th century Napoleon III gilt bronze and patinated bronze chenets, or andirons or fire dogs. Each modelled with a large gilt bronze acorn and a finely cast and chased pati...
Empire Patinated and Gilt-Bronze Fire Place Fen...
Antique 1810s French Empire Fireplace Tools and Chimney Pots
Empire patinated and gilt bronze fire place fender with beautifully recumbent lions facing each other. Each set above a gilt bronze-mounted application depicting a winged Amor riding...
Pair of Louis XVI Style Ormolu Chenets / Andirons by Bouhon Freres, 19th Century
$4,800 Sale Price / set
Pair of Louis XVI Style Ormolu Chenets / Andiro...
Antique 1880s French Louis XVI Andirons
Bronze, Wrought Iron
A pair of Louis XVI style ormolu chenets, cast by Bouhon Fre`res, Paris, late 19th century. Each modelled with two flaming athe´niennes supported by hoof monopodiae surmounted by ram...
19th Louis XIV Century Fire Place Fender with T...
Antique Mid-19th Century French Louis XIV Fireplace Tools and Chimney Pots
A 19th century Louis XIV style patinated and gilt-bronze adjustable fireplace fender, the ends mounted with tall (18.5 inches) finial mounted chenets depicting harpies in the manner ...