Items Similar to Large Art Nouveau Period Antique Fountain in Patinated Bronze View More
Large Art Nouveau Period Antique Fountain in Patinated Bronze
This large and impressive antique bronze fountain was cast by Leon Louis Oury (French, born 1846). It was made during the Art Nouveau period of the early 20th Century and its style typifies the Art Nouveau period. The fountain takes form within a wave shaped basin, which contains a full length female reclining figure. Near her head is a grotesque mask and a carp, which both have open mouths serving as water spouts. The basin bears the foundry mark 'Usine Voyave St Amer Bruxelles' and signature 'Louis Oury' to the left.
- CreatorLouis Oury (Maker)
- Of the PeriodArt Nouveau
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturec. 1905
- Materials and TechniquesPatinatedBronze
- DimensionsH 31.11 in. x W 59.85 in. x D 27.56 in.H 79 cm x W 152 cm x D 70 cm
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Seller Reference Number15345
- Reference NumberLU95639336651
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2012
Located in London, GB
The British Antique Dealers' Association
International Confederation of Art and Antique Dealers' Associations
More From This Seller
Meissen style porcelain and gilt bronze table f...
Antique 19th Century German Louis XV Figurative Sculptures
This colourful porcelain table fountain, fashioned in the German Meissen style, was crafted in the 19th Century by the French porcelain company Samson et Cie. The table fountain co...
Art Nouveau Period Patinated Bronze Bust of Jesus Christ by F.R. Larche
By François-Raoul Larche
Art Nouveau Period Patinated Bronze Bust of Jes...
Antique Late 19th Century French Art Nouveau Busts
Signed and numbered S459 with the foundry mark of Decaillet. François-Raoul Larche was a French, Art Nouveau sculptor whose work included several figures of Christ, as well as fe...
Fine Silver Table Fountain
Fine Silver Table Fountain
20th Century Italian Fountains
Decorated with mythological characters including two Poseidon figures flanking the central part surmounted by another male figure, the plateau representing the sea with crustaceans a...
Pair of Antique French Empire Period Ormolu and...
Antique Early 19th Century French Empire Figurative Sculptures
These fine and large French candelabra date from the Empire period of the 19th century and beautifully contrast the different finishes of gilt and patinated bronze. Each piece is mod...