Items Similar to A Fine and Rare Large Lapis Medicea Onyx Urn or Fountain View More
A Fine and Rare Large Lapis Medicea Onyx Urn or Fountain
This fine and very large coup or urn is made of a rare stone Lapis Medicea onyx. The form is based on the large decorative stone work found throughout the ancient world and then again in the 18th century in France and Russia. The technical skill needed to turn and lath a hard stone of this size is exceedingly hard to achieve. Mounted with a white and green marble base the stone is finely figured and of good color. It is possible to use this urn as a fountain as it is drilled and ready to pipe for water. Made in Italy by the firm Lapis SRL as a showcase for their fine lapidary skills. This urn is easy to move as it disassembles into six pieces for set up and delivery. We will be placing on 1st Dibs in the up coming months more examples of the firm's goods manufactured as one of a kind objects during the 1980s
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1980
- Condition DetailsSome small scuffing and a smal repaired chip to one coner which is to be expected in the moving of such large objects.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 50 in. x Dm 39 in.H 127 cm x Dm 99.06 cm
- Diameter39 in. (99.06 cm)
- Seller LocationHudson, NY
- Reference Number1101278113732
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.6 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2005
Located in Hudson, NY
More From This Seller
Large Lapis Medica and Marble Coupe or Tazza
Late 20th Century Italian Urns
This very impressive carved stone decorative tazza can be used as a fountain or as an urn. Constructed of rare Lapis Medica Onyx the piece is historically based on the specimen marbl...
A Fine Late 19th or Early 20th C. Carved Jade Urn
Early 20th Century Chinese Urns
This fine jade urn of a lovely spinach color running to a deep yellow is carved to resemble a pair of Buddhist lions or mythical beasts conjoined back to back resting upon clawed fee...
Large Egyptian Carved Alabaster Urn
Vintage 1940s Egyptian Urns
Executed in an ancient style this vase once made into a lamp has many Egyptian elements. They include stylized vultures , scarabs, papyrus, lotus columns and water lilies . The large...
Pair of Large Vintage Tole Iron Topiary Plants in Vintage Tole Metal Urns
$2,850 Sale Price / set
Pair of Large Vintage Tole Iron Topiary Plants ...
Late 20th Century Urns
This very large and dramatic pair of decorative lawn ornaments are from the last quarter of the 20th century, circa 1970-1990. Made as individual objects and both slightly different ...