This alabaster compote from the late 19th century features deep relief hand-carved detailing of grape vines and leaves around the rim. Three carved dolphins with intertwined tails form the base and stem. Originally used to serve candies, fruits, or nuts, this piece would also be ideal for a floral arrangement, circa 1890.
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacture1890
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Minor chips on the carving. One missing vine section.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
H 7 in.
H 17.78 cm
- Diameter8 in. (20.32 cm)
- Seller locationFayetteville, AR
- Seller reference number17A272
- Reference numberLU98328885113
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2013
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Fayetteville, AR
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like