Handsome Antique Clock has Roman numerals and marked minutes with detailed hands on porcelain face. Glass-encasement is made of brass and beveled covered glass. Body of clock is sculpted with marble and slate. Watch works wind-up with key. The Japy Brothers Company began in 1771 by Georges Frederick Japy. He made other things such as chains, locks, cooking utensils, and petrol engines.
Place of Origin
Date of Manufacture
Marble, slate, porcelain, iron and brass watch works with wind-up key.
Very good general condition. There are a couple of older small chips in front of clock. Aged patina.
Number of Items
More from this Dealer
- American Federal Style Banjo Clock
- Federal Style Grandmother's Clock with Sailing Ship Motif
- Victorian Ansonia Mantel Clock
- Danish Engraved Pewter Candlestick
- Colonial Style Brass Baluster Candlestick
- Colonial Williamsburg Brass Trumpet Candlesticks
- Mid Century Italian Pewter Baluster Candlesticks
- Old Texas Mule Deer Mounted Antlers
- Paper Mache Maquette
- 18th Century Venetian Style Female Blackamoore
- Wedgewood Fairyland Lustre Bowl
- Colorful Wedgewood Lustre Bowl with Hummingbirds
- Bronze Sculptured Athenian Scribe on Variegated Agate Pen Tray
- Stone Carved Asian Vases with Floral Motif
- Overscale Contemporary Lips Scuplture