Items Similar to Singular, Kinetic, Vibrant Blue Geometric Sculpture, Irving Harper, 20th Century
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 8
Singular, Kinetic, Vibrant Blue Geometric Sculpture, Irving Harper, 20th Century
Irving Harper (1916-2015) A striking and spirited painted paper and wood abstract sculpture, reminiscent of Tatlin’s Tower, by influential modernist designer Irving Harper. A legendary artist for Herman Miller and the Director of Design for George Nelson Associates, noted for his iconic Marshmallow Sofa and Ball Clock, Harper privately created incredibly imaginative sculptures out of household goods that stretched the boundaries of material and anticipated the humorously anthropomorphic work of later artists like the Haas Brothers. This dynamic, playful piece, painted a vibrant Yves Klein blue and pierced through with wooden spokes as if raised on little legs, bridges the borders between art, craft, and design. Like Picasso, Harper kept his favorite works, and this sculpture remained in his private collection until his death. Unique piece. Literature: "Irving Harper: Works in Paper," Michael Maharam, p. 59.
- CreatorIrving Harper (Artist)
- DimensionsHeight: 34 in. (86.36 cm)Diameter: 20 in. (50.8 cm)
- StyleAmerican Craftsman (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureSecond Half of the 20th Century
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Some damage incurred while in the artist’s possession.
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU3576310340871
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in New York, NY
These expertly vetted sellers are highly rated and consistently exceed customer expectations.
Established in 2016
1stDibs seller since 2018
40 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in New York, NYStunning, strong-lined Industrial sculpture in harmoniously balanced steel, bronze, and plaster, incorporating c...Category
20th Century French Mid-Century Modern Abstract SculpturesMaterials
- By Tom DixonLocated in New York, NYTom Dixon (b. 1959) An early pair of highly spirited spiral floor lamps by autodidact designer Tom Dixon OBE, i...Category
Vintage 1980s English Mid-Century Modern Floor LampsMaterials
Steel, Gold Leaf
- Located in New York, NYFrance, 1980s Biomorphic, organic modern bronze sculpture of an abstracted female form raised on a black marb...Category
Vintage 1980s French Organic Modern Abstract SculpturesMaterials
- Located in New York, NYJapan, XXth Century A sinuous Japanese double-gourd vase, in glazed black and textured earth-toned stoneware. A...Category
20th Century Japanese Mid-Century Modern VasesMaterials
- By Pedro FriedebergLocated in New York, NYPedro Friedeberg (b. 1937) An exceptional, dreamlike Astroclock sculpture by Mexican Surrealist master Pedro Fr...Category
Vintage 1970s Mexican Mid-Century Modern Mantel ClocksMaterials
- By Bitossi, Aldo LondiLocated in New York, NYAldo Londi (1911–2003). Striking ceramic “Mondrian” table lamp by Aldo Londi for historic Italian ceramics hous...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Table LampsMaterials
You May Also Like
French Early 20th Century Leather Horse Sculpture
Located in Atlanta, GA
A very handsome early 20th century French Leather Horse Sculpture. Beautifully poised in a rearing position. Wonderful patina. A terrific accent piece for any living area.
Early 20th Century French Animal Sculptures
African Sculpture, Probably Fang, 20th C
Located in Stockholm, SE
A nicely carved sculpture with patina. Fang style. The Fang tribe mostly lives in Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Republic of the Congo and Cameroon. These type of sculptures were designed...
20th Century African Figurative Sculptures
Folk Art Wooden Fireman Sculpture, Early 20th Century
Located in Antwerp, BE
Stunning Folk Art wooden sculpture of a Fireman. This pre-war statue of a marching fireman or firefighter dates circa 1920-1930. This fire-eater wears yellow with blue fire clothing...
Early 20th Century European Folk Art Sculptures and Carvings
Early 20th Century Folk Art Carved Wood Deer Sculpture
Located in Chicago, IL
A stoic yet charming early 20th century Folk Art carved wood deer sculpture, nearly life size, with a wonderful dry weathered finish, and mounted on a custom steel mount. Perfect dis...
Early 20th Century Folk Art Sculptures and Carvings
$3,900 Sale Price
Terracotta Sculpture of a Nude Woman Reclining 20th Century Signed
Located in Oklahoma City, OK
Ceramic sculpture of a seated female figure. Unglazed terracotta with beautiful texture. Signed T.A.W. and believed to date to the mid-20th century. Measures: 8.5" tall and 8" long.
Late 20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Sculptures and Carvings
Mid-20th Century Stylized Plaster Sculpture of Madonna and Child
Located in Antwerp, BE
Mid-20th century stylized plaster buste of Madonna and child. Measures: Height 34 cm.
Mid-20th Century Belgian Mid-Century Modern Busts
Large Early 20th Century Belgian Oak Folk Art Eagle Sculpture
Located in Haddonfield, NJ
Early 20th century Belgian oak Folk Art eagle sculpture.
Vintage 1920s Belgian Folk Art Animal Sculptures
$1,099 Sale Price
20th Century Italian Brutalist Abstract Metal Sculpture by Marcello Fantoni
By Marcello Fantoni
Located in West Palm Beach, FL
A vintage Mid-Century Modern Italian Brutalist abstract sculpture made of metal, welded and signed by Marcello Fantoni, in good condition. Wear consistent with age and use, circa 195...
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Animal Sculptures
Mid-20th Century Carved Stone
Located in Woodbury, CT
Using the shape of the stone, the artist has carved a face , right arm and hand. It has a signature on the bottom back edge that is indecipherable. It stands vertically and is flat o...
20th Century Mid-Century Modern Abstract Sculptures
20th Century Hand Carved Wood Folk Art Sculpture by Duane Hansen
Located in Philadelphia, PA
This distinguished and very plump fellow has a regal face with large jowls, smooth skin and a wonderful patina. This remarkable work was hand carved from one solid piece of wood. Scu...
Vintage 1980s American Folk Art Sculptures and Carvings