Items Similar to Hagenauer Male and Female Wall Masks
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 13
Hagenauer Male and Female Wall Masks
Hagenauer male and female wall masks chrome and brass finish. Highly stylized rare and unique pieces made in Vienna, circa the 1940s. Both recently restored in gleaming chrome patina which is contrasted by the brass details portraying the male and female form. Stamped Hagenauer Wien Made in Austria The Hagenauer firm was founded by Carl Hagenauer in Austria, 1898. His son Karl became the head of the company in 1928 after having studied with Joseph Hoffman and winning bronze and silver medals at the Paris Exposition of 1925. His work was most prolific, including many “useful objects” such as mirrors, cigar cutters, bookends, and hood ornaments. He produced humorous and playful figures as well as highly stylized ultra-modern sculptures. He managed Hagenauer Werkstatte until his death in 1956. His younger brother, Franz, focused more specifically on sculpture, often drawing from African art as his inspiration. His long life ( 1906-1986 ) provided him with a long career and many of the most elegant Hagenauer pieces can be attributed to Franz. Though both Karl and Franz produced many animal pieces, beautiful female forms were a specialty of Franz’s. Spanish dancers, models, mythical goddesses, and African natives were sources for his design.
- Attributed toFranz Hagenauer (Artist)
- DimensionsHeight: 9.5 in. (24.13 cm)Width: 6 in. (15.24 cm)Depth: 2.5 in. (6.35 cm)
- StyleArt Deco (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1930s
- ConditionRefinished. Minor losses. metal was refinished chrome.
- Seller LocationOakland, CA
- Reference NumberSeller: 31511stDibs: LU871424204292
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Parcel Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Oakland, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Oakland, CA
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1990
1stDibs seller since 2009
215 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
20th Century Specialists
More From This Seller
- By Werkstätte Hagenauer WienLocated in Oakland, CAHagenauer wood sculpture Head of African Woman. This beautiful sculpture was designed and manufactured by Hagena...Category
Vintage 1930s Austrian Art Deco BustsMaterials
- By Pierre Le FaguaysLocated in Oakland, CAPierre Le Faguays, French sculptor male figure in green patinated bronze. Modeled as a man wearing a loincloth a...Category
Vintage 1930s French Art Deco Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- By Jan AnteunisLocated in Oakland, CAFrom the 1920s onwards, Anteunis increasingly came under the influence of his teacher Geo Verbanck and his sculp...Category
Vintage 1940s Belgian Art Deco Figurative SculpturesMaterials
You May Also Like
Baule Male Ndoma Portrait Mask
By Baule Tribe
Located in Chicago, IL
To relieve stress and uplift their Community, the Baule people of modern-day Côte d'Ivoire engage in a daylong masquerade known as the Mblo. A series of dances that escalate in compl...
Early 20th Century Ivorian Tribal Masks
White Plaster Death Mask Male Head on Stand
Located in Los Angeles, CA
White plaster death mask male head on stand. A plaster cast of a males head, possibly a death mask or a mold for a Hollywood prosthetic. The head is heavy and on a stand that is part...
20th Century Folk Art Busts
$540 Sale Price
Oversized Brass and Wood Ceremonial Wall Folk Art Sculpture/Mask
Located in Douglas Manor, NY
9-351, oversized wood sculpture with brass and copper overlay. Hanging loop on back.
Vintage 1920s Masks
Black Faun Wall Decorative Ceramic Mask circa 1950 French Midcentury
Located in Neuilly-en- sancerre, FR
Wall ceramic mask, circa 1950 French midcentury ceramic mask with elegant black ceramic glaze color. Original perfect conditions Measures: Height 24 cm, large 22 cm, depth 7...
20th Century French Mid-Century Modern Figurative Sculptures
Carved Theatre Mask
Located in London, GB
Item: Mid-20th century carved wooden theatre mask This item was discovered in France and would have originally been used in the early to mid-20th Century theatre production, the m...
Vintage 1940s European Folk Art Masks
1920s Halloween Mask Mold by the American Mask Company
By Clay Mosaics & Ceramics Inc. NY
Located in Cincinnati, OH
A brick fired clay Halloween mask mold when masks were made by wrapping gauze around the face, painting the details in and covering the front and back to set the piece in wax. From t...
Mid-20th Century American Folk Art Masks
Wall Mask of Afro Child, Afro Woman , Mid-20th Century, Germany
Located in Antwerp, BE
Vintage Afro Child , Afro Woman Wall Mask which looks great. This wall head decoration is very detailed and was made in Germany. This German pottery mask dates circa 1950-1960. It's ...
Mid-20th Century German Mid-Century Modern Figurative Sculptures
Hindu Carved and Painted Wood Mask of Hanuman
Located in Bridgeport, CT
Hanuman, the monkey god and symbol of the always agitated human mind. A fierce face wearing a tall multicolored painted headdress, with long ears. Painted motifs on the forehead (wor...
Mid-20th Century Indian Tribal Busts
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery