Items Similar to Japanese Meiji Period Lacquered Wood Buddha with Mandorla View More
Japanese Meiji Period Lacquered Wood Buddha with Mandorla
Japanese Meiji period lacquered sculpted wood Buddha figure seated on an elaborately carved lotus throne with a mandorla in the back. The piece dates to the early Meiji period. The piece is in good antique condition with age-appropriate wear, some age-related minor loss to lacquer and gilding.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture18th Century
- Materials and TechniquesLacqueredWood
- Condition DetailsSome age-related minor loss to lacquer and gilding
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 16 in. x W 7.5 in. x D 6 in.H 40.64 cm x W 19.05 cm x D 15.24 cm
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Seller Reference NumberG5DA - 113053 - 1018
- Reference NumberLU889312496852
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.7 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2010
Located in New York, NY
More From This Seller
Japanese Meiji Period Bronze Elephant Sculpture...
Antique 1860s Japanese Meiji Animal Sculptures
A Japanese Meiji period bronze elephant sculpture on its original burl-wood base. Old repair to the tail; some paint chips to bronze trunk; unsigned.
Japanese Meiji Bronze Sea-Hawk Sculpture
Antique 1880s Japanese Meiji Sculptures and Carvings
A finely-cast large Japanese Meiji-period bronze sculpture of a sea-hawk with stretched-out wings, made in the 1880s. The eyes are gilded; both wings and the body of the hawk are det...
Japanese Meiji Bronze Guardian of the Sea
Antique 1860s Japanese Meiji Figurative Sculptures
A Japanese Meiji-era finely cast bronze sculpture of a mythical guardian of the sea. Excellent condition with original patina and finely cast textures. Missing a staff or weapon. No ...
Thai Rattanakosin Period Gilt Bronze Buddha
Antique Mid-19th Century Thai Sculptures and Carvings
Thai Rattanakosin period cast gilt bronze Buddha from the mid-19th century, seated on a multi-tiered throne base. The backside of the statue has rings to be used as attachments to se...