Rare and early American Harness Horse c. 1850 of solid laminated wood with detachable head and original paint. Horse hair tail and mane attached to hide as apposed to cut. Un-restored condition consistent with age. Life size in scale.
Place of Origin
Date of Manufacture
Wood, original paint, horse hair.
Good. Consistent with age. .
92 in. H x 84 in. W x 23 in. D
234 cm H x 213 cm W x 58 cm D
New York, NY
Number of Items
More from this Dealer
- Pair of Italian Marble Lions
- Fossilized Fish on Ebonized Metal Stand
- Polished French Cast Iron Finials
- Lead Figure Representing Winter
- Dutch Cast Iron Coat of Arms
- Four Bronze Figures Representing the Seasons
- Bronze Birdbath
- Bronze Figure of a Woman and Child Representing Winter
- Bronze Figure of a Woman and Child Representing Spring
- Bronze Figure of a Woman and Child Representing Summer
- Pair of English Lead Whippets
- Italian Scaliger Family Cartouche
- Exceptional Double Dolphin Fountain
- Cast Iron Horse Head