Gunnar Nylund for Rörstrand monumental glazed stoneware vase made circa 1950s. Incised signature and studio mark to underside: [R GN Sweden AXT].
Gunnar Nylund (1904–1997) was a Swedish ceramic designer. He is best known as the artistic director of Rörstrand from the 1930s through the 1950s. But before he worked there he established himself as a ceramic artist in Denmark's Bing & Grøndahl Porcelain factory located in Copenhagen from 1925-1928. Later in 1928, he collaborated with chemist Nathalie Krebs to start his own ceramic workshop. In 1930 their shop became Saxbo and he kept making his stoneware there until 1932. Gunnar Nyland's pieces are easily recognizable for their matte feldspar, hare’s-fur and crystal glazes as are his stoneware animal sculptures.