Items Similar to Pair of Early 20th Century French Art Nouveau Vases by J. Bernard De Bruyne View More
Pair of Early 20th Century French Art Nouveau Vases by J. Bernard De Bruyne
Pair of impressive French Art Nouveau majolica vases by Jean Bernard De Bruyne, circa 1900. The very decorative Art Nouveau vases are in a very good condition for the age. One of the vases has a small chip on bottom on the edge, please, see the images #16 and #17 - on the left vase. Bottom of the vases is the shape number '4359', as well as the stamp of the known Faïencerie de Fives-Lille. The origin of this company dates to the 18th century: Jean-Bernard De Bruyn, the founder, establishes a faience factory in Leuven, Belgium. In 1864, Antoine-Gustave, his great-grandson, moved to Fives and relocates production in France. In 1889, the pottery De Bruyn gets a reward at the World Fair in Paris - a silver medal for its fine pottery. In 1917, a fire destroyed the factory resulting in a very irregular production. In 1950 the factory was sold, they continued to produce pottery before closing in 1962.
- CreatorBernard De Bruyne (Manufacturer)
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1900
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsIn a very good condition for the age. One of the vases has a small chip on bottom on the edge, please, see the images #16 and #17 - on the left vase.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
- DimensionsH 13.98 in. x Dm 7.49 in.H 35.5 cm x Dm 19 cm
- Diameter7.49 in. (19 cm)
- Seller LocationBarntrup, DE
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference NumberLU4268113472732
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the SellerNew to 1stdibs
Joined in the past six months.
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2018
Located in Barntrup, DE
More From This Seller
Early 20th Century Rococo Style Mirror or Pictu...
Early 20th Century Belgian Rococo Trumeau Mirrors
Gesso, Mirror, Wood
This exquisite antique trumeau Rococo or Louis XV style picture or mirror frame on white painted wooden panel is decorated with golden garlands of flowers and leaves, perimeter decor...
Early 20th Century Victorian Style Four-Light B...
Early 20th Century Belgian Victorian Chandeliers and Pendants
Large Victorian style four-light bronze chandelier made in early 20th century in Belgium. Decorated with horned satyr heads. Heads of mythological creatures are holding four frosted ...
French Art Nouveau Purple Art Glass Chandelier by Muller Frères
By Muller Fres Lunneville
French Art Nouveau Purple Art Glass Chandelier ...
Muller Fres Lunneville
Vintage 1920s French Art Nouveau Chandeliers and Pendants
Art Glass, Wrought Iron
French Art Nouveau purple seven-light art glass and wrought iron chandelier by Muller Frères, each frosted art glass shade is signed 'Muller Fres Lunneville'. Antique chandelier ha...
Art Nouveau Style Glass and Pewter Decanter
Vintage 1950s Belgian Art Nouveau Barware
Art Nouveau style pewter and glass decanter was made in the second half of the 20th century in Belgium by company Potstainiers Hutois. Decanter is made of glass with beautiful Art No...